• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Local Paper - Dog Theft Article

Brian M

Hi
Took Luke to his Sunday morning Shotokan lesson and one of the instructors during general conversation asked me if i had read in our local free paper The Wirral Globe an article about the theft of a Bulldog (though in the paper it doesn't mention the breed ) in Wallasey, so on returning home got the paper out of the bin and the following was there.

Danie xxxxx was walking eight-month old Ruby along Sea road at around 6 pm when he was approached by two men who wanted to buy her.
When the 21-year old refused to hand Ruby over ,he was pushed into the back of a red van with Ruby and driven away by the two men.

After a struggle , the former xxxxx School pupil was let out in Birkenhead and the vehicle was driven away with Ruby inside.

Thankfully the dog was safely returned to Daniel on Saturday after a mystery man , believed to have bought Ruby from her abductors contacted Daniels family.

Daniels mother xxxx told the Globe "Obviously we re very happy that Ruby is back home, but the men who put my son through this terrifying ordeal must be caught."

Recalling the moment Ruby was snatched Daniel said "One of them tried to pick her up off the ground and put her in the van.They pulled my jacket over my head and started punching me ,I got put into the back of the van and was fighting with one of them all the way to Birkenhead before i was kicked out .I was upset and devastated after Ruby was taken.At the time i wasn't really thinking about my own safety because i was just trying to keep hold of her. Shes quite a small dog dog and was crying and biting.

It continues saying the police have an e-fit and have put posters up and an Internet appeal was launched, and the search for the men continues.

After the recent post by Karlin ref having your dogs chipped and neutered thereby lessoning their worth to snatchers and breeders and the above happening 5 mile away i will be oh so careful now ,it sure makes you a lot more aware .:eek:

:yikes Oh my God thats so scary.. Hard to believe that people will go to these lengths!!
Does anyone know where you can buy tags to say that your dog is neutered? I have the Fido tags on mine to say they are chipped, but haven't seen anything for neutering. Maybe you just need to get it engraved on a plain id tag?

Hi
Even though mine are all girls and its pretty obvious they have all been spayed i think i will get another tag saying so again just to be safe.

Back