• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Advise pls -Sorry samee topic Who to pick Petpals/Petplan v Axa

Brian M

Hi
It just does not make sense or i am definitely stupid ,both Pet plan and Pet pals offer similar benefits life etc ,have checked all this last year and decided life proper cover is expensive and is mainly offered by the two above so covered my three (due shortly) at a total of £780 for all three and now Axa come along with a similar policy for 3 x £114 = £342 less than half pls am i missing something most obvious. Lots of advice and comments pls.

Thanks

Brian m

Hi, I am waiting to see if my claim gets paid for my dog. (the vet hospital has been slow to fax over what the insurance company needs. I can post here once I know how it all goes. I will say I picked Embrace (a Lloyds of London company) because they cover congenital defects and have continuing care. They have been very sensitive and compassionatte in handling the claim for Pixie since it was very traumatic and she wound up passing away.
Sorry, I don't know much abouth the policies you mentioned.

Here in the states, I have PetPlan. I can't recommend them enough. I had to file a large claim and sent the info from the vets via registered mail. (To make sure they received it.) Within a few days I had an email from the company Veterinary technician who said they had received the claim, it had been approved and a reimbursement check would be out within one week. I received payment in less than two weeks from filing the claim.

The personal email also expressed that they were hoping all went well and that Dottie was fine. (She is)

I was SO IMPRESSED to say the least. This company in my opinion is fantastic. I understand that the founder also owns a Cavalier and that was the reason he started the company.

I have to say that although Petplan are a good insurer (reputable) I find them to be way too expensive compared to other very reputable insurance companies with better cover. I always check the small print etc but there are alot of companies that are just genuinely alot cheaper!;)

The single most important thing to check is if they cover genetic conditions like MVD. MOST ensurers do not, especially the cheaper ones! MVD is probably going to be the one thing you may ever claim for with your dog, so get coverage that will cover MVD.

Back