• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New pup,chews n veg

leesanlucie

Hi All
Well my 8 weeks waiting fo my pup finally arrived.:rah:
We collected her on Thursday evening....promise wil post pics very very soon!:snap:
Her name is Sasha she is 8 weeks old and is a black and tan girlie!
Everything going really really well....very little accidents...Lucie iand her are getting on great!:luv:

Am just wondering if there is anything i can give her to chew on?
Carrots maybe? just any sort of suggestion would be great.A natural chew is what i would prefer as she is really little.

Also wot sorts of veg can she get?corn, peas,green beans,carrots brocolli?Is there a list of veg that dogs can have?raw...or cooked.
Lucie my 2 yr old is on JWB and thats what i wil eventually have Sasha on.
At the moment she has been on pedigree dry soaked,pedigree wet,rice and some veg,tuna.I am gradually trying to wean her on to the JWB dry puppy food(and a wee bit of the wet food)....and going to start giving some veg on it.

Any replies gratefully received.:razz:

So glad you got your pup, im sure you can do all veg if its good for us it must be good for our babies!! has she settled ok with you?

Hi and congratulations on your new arrival:rah:glad Sasha is settling in well and that her and Lucie are getting on well:). When my two were that age they chewed on raw carrots, raw brocolli and a slice of apple, they still do now. They had raw hide chews, Jasper loved chewing on a rope toy. Look forward to seeing pics.:)

Both my dogs LOVE the dried sweet potato chews. It's a better alternative to rawhide. Hope that helps!

Thanks everyone
Katie....she has settled in great.:p
We have bee using a crate for her and never had an accident at night.I have just got up this morning and she has not did anything in her crate!I am one very pleased furbaby mummy!:rah:
Mom2lola....where do you get the dried sweet potato chews from?
Jasperxxgabby....thanks for the info on the veg...i wil start giving her some carrot to chew on.
I did buy a few puppy kongs and some paste but i think at 8 weeks she is a bit too little for them.

I still cant believe how easy it is second time round!I going to start a little bit of training with her this week..."sit "and leash training, just in my garden.I am really wanting to do some agility with the 2 of them.I take Lucie to obedience classes and will take Sasha too.

My kids are thrilled to bit!:lotsaluv:They love her to pieces already.....we all do!
Its strange having a black dog.....Lucie is a blenhiem so we were always used to white hairs everywhere...but now there is black.LOL.:D

Sparky loves anything he can chew on - I strted him on kongs almost straight away when we got him (he was 11 weeks then) & he's allways got on great with them - especialy if theres something stinky in the end of it like his fishy biscuits!

As for things to chew, my boys both love "Moo Chews" - I think they're cow tendons. They also love baby carrots and apples, and of course bully sticks. Good luck, can't wait to see pictures of your new little girl!

mine also love moo chews although I think they are disgusting :p Probably why they like them though :rolleyes:

I don't know if you guys have "Merricks" products over there but they make these things called "Texas Toothpicks" that are pretty good for chewing.

Also we have some cow ears here that last quite a while ;)

As for veggies, I just want to warn you to be careful with corn. It's been my experience thus far that corn is kind of like a "laxative" so to speak :eek: It goes right through and can't really be digested. I HATE giving my dogs anything with corn for these reasons alone :lol:

Good luck!

Back