• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Handsome Rescue Boy, Murphy *pic and update*

Ashley

Well here is another picture of Murphy for those of you who have been following his story since Karlin took him in.

HandsomeMurphy.jpg

He is looking really well, dont you think?
We got the matts behind his ears sorted within days of him being here...
He likes his baths... or maybe just 'tolerates' them...
But LOVES being blowdried and brushed...
Likes when I scratch his bum lol (even though this was the area we were told he did not like anyone going near!)...
He LOVES cuddles.... (we were told he wasnt quite a 'normal cavalier' in terms of cuddles... but my goodness, how wrong that was)...
He gives kisses now too...

His only dislikes so far are...
Cant touch his wee man... not that I want to or anything... but ya know... was just testing the water!
His nails are getting shorter now but I will need to attempt to clip his dew claws as they are terribly long and sharp now.
Doesnt like if you try to take food out of his mouth! (what dog does like that though???)

Heres another of Murphy and my other half JayDee. We had been walking for about 10 miles and Murph was knackered... so we bundled him up for a bit.

JayDeeandlazybones.jpg

So all in all he is doing really well in the 2 months we've had him. He is very obedient and loves to please. Loves his food so is easily motivated.

I was so nervous about taking him in and dealing with him.. yet at the same time I was confident about doing so. I knew I had the right environment for him and felt this was what he needed! It seems to have done the trick. He's so happy here and thats so lovely to see. To think his previous owner wanted to have him put to sleep is shocking and makes me feel sick to the stomach!

Anyhoo... I'll shut up now! :rolleyes:

Heres my other angel, Holly (11months) as well...

Hollybw.jpg

Myrphy dos not look like a rescue at all...he seems so content and happy,,,yeah and spoiled...in other words he looks just the way a cavalier should look :) he is very lucky to be with you:)

Wow Ashley!! What a fabulous job you've done with Murphy. He's such a handsome boy. So nice to know he's in such great hands.

Murphy has the sweetest face, enjoyed reading your update and I'm glad that he has settled so well, also Holly pic is lovely:)

What a lovely story. You have really got yourself a handsome dog, and you have certainly proved that the right treatment and care make miracles!

I agree with all of the above. You have done a marvelous job. He is beautiful and has the sweetest face. Way to go. I am so happy for the best outcome possible.......:jump:

I just love Murphy :lotsaluv: He was always good looking but he gets better each time I see him. That's a lovely pic of Holly too, she looks so soft.

Wow, Murphy looks great, I remember his first rescue thread, and it is just great to see him so happy now and hear how he has settled with you :)

Ashley, he is a credit to you. He looks so wonderful. Murphy has found the perfect home with you, Jaydee and Holly. I LOVE seeing pics of him and can still feel that soft fur when I look at him!!! :luv:

He has exactly what he needed...loads of walks and loads of love...the best place for him!. :jump::rah::rah:

Give him a big hug from all of us (esp LouLou):lotsaluv:

Back