PDA

View Full Version : Golden oldie~RSPCA swansea wales

Davy
15th July 2008, 08:13 PM
Clancy (http://swansearspcadogs.blogspot.com/2008/08/clancy.html)

MY NAME IS CLANCY
IT'S SUCH A SAD CASE
I'M LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO GIVE ME A NEW PLACE.
A PLACE IN THEIR HOME
A PLACE IN THEIR HEART
SOMEONE TO GIVE ME A BRAND NEW START

What can I say about Clancy? He is such a great little guy. Clancy is an older citizen, and his owner could no longer care for him, and Clancy had not been looked after for some considerable time. His eyesight is not what it used to be, and neither is his hearing.

He is really affectionate, and loves going for short walks, and he would need someone home for most of the day. Being a senior citizen, Clancy finds it very distressful being in a kennel most of the day, on his own. He just loves company, so he wanders back fro, giving little barks, seeking attention.

Could you be that SPECIAL person, willing to give Clancy the home he yearns for in his Golden years? Please come and meet him, he is waiting for you.

THERE IS NO ADOPTION FEE FOR LITTLE CLANCY
Poor little thing hope he finds a home soon.

Karlin
15th July 2008, 08:26 PM
Oh he is really sweet. Looks younger than a senior! Looks like they had to give the fellow a trim too. Hope he quickly finds a new home.

Davy
28th July 2008, 07:53 PM
Clancy still looking :(

Nicki
29th July 2008, 07:45 PM
Oh poor old fellow, what a shame :(

I don't know if you could put them in touch with the Oldies Club? http://www.oldies.org.uk/ they might be able to help?

Jasperxxgabby
29th July 2008, 11:12 PM
Surprised Clancy hasn't been adopted as he is lovely. I have emailed them asking if I had their permission to print out his advert to put up in my town (there is two vet practices and a RSPCA vets) and the dog groomers. I also suggested Many Tears are very successful in rehoming elderly cavs (don't know if this was right or wrong). If they email back I will let you know.

Karlin
30th July 2008, 01:03 AM
Many Tears actually don't tend to get a lot of elderly dogs (going by their posts anyway) and generally an SPCA would be unlikely to pass a dog to another general rescue. He's almost certainly better off where he is than being passed along.

I am sure this dog will find a home -- but club breed rescue would be a more obvious place to go for help as club rescue tends to have waiting lists. Personally I'd go to breed rescue before Many Tears. I am sure club rescue in Wales or the Southern club would help rehome if needed.

Keep in mind that he hasn't actually been in rescue very long though, and websites often are not kept too up to date so may well be getting homevetted. It also generally takes me a couple of weeks to home the easy to home dogs -- oldies always take much longer.

Jasperxxgabby
30th July 2008, 02:21 AM
I received an email at 11.28pm saying to feel free to advertise and the times and days people can visit the animals. Also I suggested the cavalier rescue in wales quoting phone no. if they're finding it difficult to rehome him (tactfully saying what hugely successful rehoming/rescuing work they the rspca do which is true, as the last thing I want to come across as knowing better then them as I don't or every will:o)

Davy
30th July 2008, 09:13 PM
I received an email at 11.28pm saying to feel free to advertise and the times and days people can visit the animals. Also I suggested the cavalier rescue in wales quoting phone no. if they're finding it difficult to rehome him (tactfully saying what hugely successful rehoming/rescuing work they the rspca do which is true, as the last thing I want to come across as knowing better then them as I don't or every will:o)

With the amount of dogs of different breeds they get coming in, I'm sure they don't mind someone giving them info of a breed rescue as they probably don't have the time to find it themselves. :)

Davy
8th August 2008, 08:46 PM
Clancy still looking :(

Now Listed as having no adoption fee

littlelady
9th August 2008, 01:00 AM
I could pick him up 2moz but ruby hasnt been spayed,does this make a differance? would take him in he would love our homeand family.

Davy
9th August 2008, 07:43 PM
You could always email them and ask?
The email at the bottom of the page.

Davy
18th August 2008, 07:21 PM
Still looking :(

Now has a new photo up on site

Siani
20th August 2008, 02:51 PM
Hi,

I'm a new member. I joined because I'm about to adopt a Cavalier. And not just any Cavalier, but this one! What a coincidence :).

I met Clancy at the RSPCA shelter in Swansea yesterday, and he's lovely. Don't think he's quite as old as I was told (10), as he's full of beans. He's a very happy little dog, whose tail never stops wagging.

Siani.

emsley
20th August 2008, 04:42 PM
Congratulations, Siani

Here's to a long and happy life together

Siani
20th August 2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks :). I'll be seeing Clancy again either tomorrow or Friday. He can't be re-homed yet, as he's still recovering from being neglected by his previous owner, who had severe health problems of his own. He's quite the character - partially deaf and partially sighted, but full of beans, with a good appetite. And a lovely nature. He's not been neutered, but may well be before he leaves the shelter. I just can't understand why he hasn't already been snapped up. I suppose everyone wants a pup.

Jasperxxgabby
20th August 2008, 06:42 PM
Congratulations Siani, on adopting Clancy, he looks a special little fella, I often find myself thinking of him and checking the website to see if he is adopted so this is excellent news:). Look forward to seeing many pics of Clancy :rah:.

misty
20th August 2008, 06:43 PM
Siani, what a coincidence :).

And only today I'd pm'd a contact in the dog world, who'd put out a plea for anyone willing to adopt Clancy, and you've already done so yesterday :). Welcome to the forum btw and I'm delighted for Clancy. :)

Fifer
20th August 2008, 08:09 PM
Hi Siani
The contact in the dog world Misty was referring to (for contact in the dog world read "Mug with big heart and huge phone bill :blabla:") - was me! Welcome to CavTalk, nice to "meet" you! I got an email back from Mary this afternoon telling me he'd been offered a new home and saw your comment on Clancy's thread.
Like Misty I am thrilled to bits for both of you, many congratulations!
:dogwlk: :rah: :rah: :rah:

:lotsaluv:

Maxxs_Mummy
20th August 2008, 10:42 PM
Oh my! Haven't been on here for ages and just seen this thread. Had I known earlier I'd have been down to Swansea like a shot to pick him up! Plenty of experience with rescues (as some of you know) and also my darling baby Maxx is 9 tomorrow so he'd have had an old bud to keep him company.

Hope he settles in well with you Siani :) and thanks for giving him a chance. I bet he'll make a wonderful bed buddy (sooner or later they ALL end up on the bed LOL).

Claire L
20th August 2008, 11:02 PM
:rah: Congratulations Siani :rah: we wish you and Clancy many happy years together :dgwlk:

{{{{DONNA}}}} Nice to see you back on:jump:
Hope Maxx enjoys his Birthday tomorrow :lotsaluv:
We'll be expecting lots of :snap:;)

Siani
21st August 2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks, everyone. I'm off to see little Clancy again tomorrow! :rah:
Can't wait to take him for a little walk. He bounces along so happily :dogwlk:.

Cathy T
23rd August 2008, 02:53 AM
Loved seeing pictures of Clancy in the Golden Oldies forum. And just tickled pink tht you've chosen him. He sounds like such a great dog, I loved reading your description of him. Can't wait to hear more about him.