PDA

View Full Version : Pair of young females: must be homed together

Karlin
16th July 2008, 04:33 PM
I am in the very unusual position of having two young female cavaliers in rescue that I wish to home together. They will be about 6 months when homed, and spayed, chipped and vet checked. These two are very good friends but not overly bonded, very gentle with one quite outgoing and one, shyer. They are used to other dogs and children. I was going to split them, but Tara is assessing them and feels they are now old enough and independent enough to go together and therefore, I will by preference home them together to a home that has owned and trained dogs before, and can undertake the separate training and management that two dogs of the same age will need. I wish to place these in the Dublin region as well, as training in separate classes at DTI will be one requirement of ownership. :) This pair would NOT suit a family with a number of younger kids as the pair will be quite demanding (they are not yet fully housetrained and have not had any formal obedience either; both of which will take time and attention).

I do have some applicants already for these two as well, that I have not yet gone through. I will be going through all applications and making a decision over the next couple of weeks based on suitability and also when I received the application and after discussion with Tara, who is fostering and assessing the pair. :thmbsup:

They have been very well cared for and well loved. Both are well adjusted, well behaved sweet girls.

Sibealb
17th July 2008, 09:56 AM
:xfngr: Hoping for great home for these two.

trysti
17th July 2008, 02:20 PM
Good luck finding the "Right" home for them, Karlin.

__________________________________________________ ___

Mum of Trystianna Ciara (Tri), Lacye (Blen), Islay (Tri) and 4 8 week old boys...one will be staying...Michah (Blen)

Karlin
1st August 2008, 12:24 AM
These two just had their spays and are recuperating at Tara's Hotel. :lol:

coconut
1st August 2008, 08:43 AM
Them pair are so cute, if i had not got 3 doggies already i would have had them in my car with anyone seeing me at the workshop! :badgrin: :thmbsup:

Ste
1st August 2008, 09:47 AM
Them pair are so cute, if i had not got 3 doggies already i would have had them in my car with anyone seeing me at the workshop! :badgrin: :thmbsup:

You're not alone in that :cool:

Karlin
2nd August 2008, 01:26 PM
Being homevetted. :)

Under Tara's care these two have come along in leaps and bounds. They were being attacked by a dog in their original home which is why the heartbroken owner took the responsible but difficult step of deciding to rehome these very sweet girls. Tara has been bringing them regularly to training classes and placing them in an xpen so they get exposed to lots of dogs and people and noise and activity. They have been mixing with lots of dogs at her place. They have met adults and children, big dogs and small, friendly dogs and more wary dogs. They have also become very good on their housetraining, are crate trained, and have had some basic obedience. So they are very ready now for a new home.

I have great respect for the very caring owner, who realised these two needed a better option and knew her first responsibility lay toward caring for her existing two older dogs. Many would have dumped the older dogs for the 'new models' and it would have been the older dogs looking for new homes, far more difficult to place. They are actually just about 6 months old at this time as well.

Shelli
2nd August 2008, 02:16 PM
That's great to hear. I hope they find a loving home very soon :xfngr:

Cathy T
2nd August 2008, 03:34 PM
I have great respect for the very caring owner, who realised these two needed a better option and knew her first responsibility lay toward caring for her existing two older dogs

Absolutely! Good for her in doing what was best for all of the animals in her house. Some lucky duck is going to end up with two very sweet pups....I just know it.