• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Swollen eye

anniespeeps

The area around Annie's right eye, especially below the eye, is swollen and puffy, and it's very tender. I have no idea what it is, but I'm taking her to the vet this afternoon. She's also been very listless last night and today. Hopefully it's nothing too serious . . .

Alfs had a thorn in his eye,i saw when i did my weekly check on his eyes,amazing though it never got infected or swollen,i suppose it wasnt there to long.Hope she is ok could be just a eye infection,let us all know.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I took her to the vet yesterday. There's nothing wrong with her eye itself, it's just swollen underneath. He thinks maybe she was stung by a bee or bitten by a spider. He gave her a cortisone shot, but that didn't seem to help because the bump was even bigger today.

I took her back to the vet today, and he could see a little scab where it looked like she might have been stung or bitten. He shaved the area below her eye and couldn't find anything else amiss. She got an antibiotic shot, and we're supposed to keep giving her antibiotics for 10 days. Hopefully that will ease the problem.

The poor little thing looks like someone punched her in the face. She's a little more chipper today, but you can tell she's uncomfortable.

Back