PDA

View Full Version : SORTED: Urgently need foster, Dublin area

Karlin
17th July 2008, 07:36 PM
Sounds like a cavalier in a difficult situation and need to get it to safety asap. I have no info at the moment on this dog but will post as soon as I do. I would hope to get this dog as soon as possible -- the person who has seen it was very unhappy.

Any kind soul with room for one? I have no idea if this dog is housetrained -- most likely would benefit from a quiet room it can go to.

Cleo's Person
17th July 2008, 08:16 PM
Oh goodness sounds awful. Sorry I can't help. :xfngr: someone can.

Karlin
17th July 2008, 08:22 PM
Even if someone could take the dog for the weekend -- even for one or two days -- I can work to sort to a longer term situation. Hoping to get this dog to safety tomorrow so need foster from then. :xfngr:

ciaraf
17th July 2008, 08:52 PM
hi, i have 3 cavs, the youngest is 4 months, oldest 11 months, middle dog is on heat at d moment but should b finished on the 21st as she started round bout the 1st, id b interested in fostering that dog, what would i have 2 do? im at home full time . .

rosiesmum
17th July 2008, 08:55 PM
If I was closer to you I would offer to help as I'm off work for another 10 days.

:xfngr: you find someone soon.

Karlin
17th July 2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks so much for the offer -- but will probably need to decline help in this case as usually you'd need to wait about 4 weeks and up to 6 for a female in heat to be safe. I'm not sure whether this is a male or female. Also would be a little concerned to have a number of intact males and females together -- as that usually is a situation in which you get dog fights. Intact females are generally far worse than intact dogs as well. It's just a bit too risky for a foster situation -- but thanks. :flwr:

ciaraf
17th July 2008, 09:05 PM
i thought that alright, but if there is anything i can do 2 help let me know . .

Ste
17th July 2008, 09:26 PM
Not great I know, but we could offer weekend bed and board if that's any use? Peter would be able to get to the city for about 2pm tomorrow.

Shelli
17th July 2008, 09:52 PM
Wish I could help but we're a bit far away. :xfngr: the poor thing will find a safe home soon.

Karlin
18th July 2008, 01:46 AM
Ste I might take you up on this. I have some more info on this guy; he sounds like he'd be easy enough; he's just not in an ideal situation. Can you PM a phone number just in case? I think I have a home but even a day or two to sort a longer foster or arrange the home would help.

Noelle
18th July 2008, 10:00 AM
We can also help with the fostering,we have a 8mth old cavalier who is neutered.
Unfortunaely we are in Tipperary but we would be willing to travel halfway etc if we can help you out.