• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

my name??

mumto4

can i ask why i have an * above my name?? thought it woz as i woz the newest member but i'm not now?? is it sum kind of warning??

Are you talking about the little circle ball thing to the right of your name? If so, the color of the little ball indicates if you are off or on line. If not, I don't see anything else there.

I don't see an * near your name either. :confused:

Thanks to hbmama for explaining the coloured circle. :)

Hope you enjoy the Cavalier Board. (y)

Also not seeing an * - where exactly are you seeing this? Next to your name at the top of a post, or next to your name at the top left hand corner of the page?

If you mean the asterisk next to your name on the list of 'who's online', that means you are on the invisible setting when online. It lets you know you are set to invisible, and it also lets me and the moderators now you are online but set to invisible (admin and moderators can all see anyone set to invisible, and also see that they are set to invisible by the asterisk by their name :) ).

The reason no one else knows what you mean is because they will not see the asterisk because you do not appear in the Who's Online list when you are online. :lol:

People who have a blog have a little + that appears next to their name when they are online -- not sure if people themselves can see that; but others can't. Maybe it is just admin/moderators. It took me a while to figure that one out.

:lol: , expect everyone thought i was going mad with an invisible * :fool: cant remember making myself invisible when i joined, oh well just call me the undercover cavy cop!!:cool:

Back