• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

grass eating while walking

nubus

dose any of your dogs constantly stop to eat grass when out walking rubys just started doing it as soon as she out of the car shes nibbling on the stuff she stops about every 5 mins and has a nibble:rolleyes:

My cavaliers like to nibble grass, but I only allow it in my own back yard. Many people in my area put fertilizer and pesticides on their lawns, and I don't want to risk their health.

rubys mom

im glad to hear its not only ruby doing this as i know eating grass can be a sign of needing to be sick as it helps them do this but shes very healthy and it just worried me a bit :( i do stop her but shes not daft she runs through it so she can grab a bit little devil :p i have no worrys her doing it while we are out shes fully vaccinated and we take her in our local woods mainly so i dont think shes in any harm just puzzled me a bit as she heads straight for it :confused: :dogwlk:

Ours do this all the time and it's only started in the last few months... I find it really strange as I thought it meant they had a stomach problem but the vet said they are fine...

We have just got back from our holiday and a neighbour chased us on our walk with the dogs because while we were away dog haters in the area had put dog poison all around the places where people are allowed to let their dogs off the lead. It's awful and apparently it's happened before and the only way this gets dscovered is because a poor owner has lost his dog through the poison... This time it's 1 dog but the last time 5 dogs were killed. This is a complete shock and we are now trying to find out what the authorities do about this situation!

I have no idea what the poison is, and how these evil people can do this. We have to keep the dogs off the grass until further notice. So like Cathy says - it can be VERY bad for their health if they eat the grass :-(

rubys mom

awww thats awfull :eek: wicked people :mad: i only take ruby to our local woods near my house lots of people go there so id know if there was ever a problem like that but i know what you mean about letting them eat the grass theres some sad people about these days they need to get a life :D hope you get it sorted soon so you can enjoy the walks again:dogwlk:

Hi
When i take my three out on the Wirral Way they transform themselves to three little white sheep that trot alongside me on our walk all munching grass as we merrily go along:dogwlk::dogwlk::dogwlk:

I swear Dottie is part Billy Goat, as she enjoys grazing occasionally in our backyard. I don't allow her to go near anyones lawns on our walks so munching away from home is not permitted. #1, People don't like strange dogs on their grass, and #2, Who knows what people have treated their grass with...it could be toxic.

Mine eat the grass in our back garden..Pippin is the worst for doing this..I don't let them eat grass when out on walks.

Millie is always chompin on any bit of grass in our garden, but I dont let her when we're out for walks. They have treated a section of one of our local parks for rats and have signs up warning people that there has been poison laid - so Im always cautious when were out.

Yeah, Maddy eats grass everytime she goes out to the garden. She's the first dog I've had who does this, I thought it was only cats. Glad she's not the only one though, I was thinking it was a bit strange.

Molly "takes grass samples for research", too! In the beginning I was worried, but now I have found out it is almost common for cavaliers. She also eats raspberries (I found out a week ago, when we were passing a raspberry bush, and she did a "hit and run" on the berries). That also explaines our poor harvest of raspberries last year :D). Besides she loves plums (we also have a plum tree in the garden).

Back