PDA

View Full Version : Cavalier ONLY training course

TKC
22nd July 2008, 10:50 AM
Starting a new thread so I can get this done if it's needed.

We can run a Cavalier Only 4 weeks full obedience course.

We would need 8 dogs and to know when everyone would like it to happen.

If this is something you want reply here with your preferred days and times etc.

You can do any weeknight evening, any saturday from 11 till 12 or a Sunday morning.

casshon
22nd July 2008, 01:14 PM
I would like to bring Molly but I'm going on a weeks holiday in the middle of August so I would miss one of the classes :(

Shelli
22nd July 2008, 10:31 PM
If its on Sundays I'll def be there :thmbsup:

TKC
22nd July 2008, 11:27 PM
Ok so we have a day Sunday...anyone else interested if it is on a Sunday?

Claire L
23rd July 2008, 08:48 AM
A Sunday is fine by me, but like Casshon, I plan to take the dogs away for a week during August. I would hate to have to miss a class :(

I think I'l bring Cara this time. HEY BRĂ*D!! did you hear that????? :p ;)

coconut
23rd July 2008, 10:01 AM
How much will the class be?

Dublin
23rd July 2008, 12:27 PM
I'd love to do it with Sparks but wouldn't be avalible till mid september because of our wedding....:mad:

Mimi
23rd July 2008, 01:12 PM
Sunday would suit me but not too early , 2 hours away from Dublin . Would sign up at least 2 of mine . 31st August I'm away on course .
Mimi

pippa
23rd July 2008, 03:21 PM
Sunday might suit me too. Would probably bring DJ. How much?

TKC
24th July 2008, 12:16 AM
A full course is normally €165 based on 8 dogs BUT we could to more dogs since they are all cavaliers and reduce the cost considerably.

For example the running cost is €1320 for a whole course. This is for ALL dogs not per dog. So the individual costs are based on how many dogs per course.

8 dogs - €165 per dog.
10 dogs - €132 per dog.
12 dogs - €110 per dog.

Let me know. I am away from 28th August so we may need to get something sorted soon so as we can get a course going. Plus we have 9/10 August already booked out with Agility Workshops so that week would be skipped anyway so if this is the weekend people are thinking they may miss don't worry. I can however get cover for those dates.

So we have
August 3rd (bank holiday), 17th, 24th and 31st)
OR
September 7, 14, 21, 28 which may suit everyone.

Claire L
24th July 2008, 12:22 AM
Oooh! September looks GOOD to me :)

Mimi
24th July 2008, 12:34 AM
I'm really interested , but going to Rome with Kilkenny Gospel Choir on 27th September . So would miss that Sunday also . 31st August I'm away on a course . Could I sign up for 3 only?
I have 3 dogs , would it be possible to participate with all 3 ( one is deaf ) Nifa ?
I'd love to do an agility course with the dogs especially my Rua , any possibility for that . I work every Saturday , my busiest day so Sundays are the only day I can manage .
Mimi

casshon
24th July 2008, 08:47 AM
I'm away on Sept 14th so I would also miss 3 of the 4 classes :bang:. Sunday is a good day for the classes though.

pippa
24th July 2008, 11:28 AM
September would probably suit me.

pippa
24th July 2008, 08:21 PM
Ok you can count me and DJ in for september if it's going ahead!

pippa
11th August 2008, 08:38 PM
DJ is already in training so I was going to take Pippin instead.. Will it be going ahead?

cecily
22nd August 2008, 03:49 PM
September would suit us. Is it basic obedience Tara? We've already done the part one course with Dougal, but to be honest he could do with a refresher :lpy: :D Tandie took to obedience much more readily actually. He's still quite independent and will only obey if he thinks there's a chance of a treat, which I know is MY fault as I should be doing my fifteen mins a day with him... anyway, we could all do with a refresher!!! :dgwlk:

Also I know it's generally not recommended but if we had another dog to bring would that be ok? Could they come to the same class? Obviously I'd take one and my husband the other. Or is it just a total no no.?

TKC
22nd August 2008, 04:42 PM
Was trying to sort out the dates with some of you missing for 1 out of the 3 classes. We actually have Ian Dunbar over the 20th and 21st so that's another Sunday gone.

I am going to have to talk to Lisa and sort this one out and get back to you all.

casshon
21st September 2008, 05:32 PM
Is this still going ahead?

Shelli
21st September 2008, 09:18 PM
I hope it is. I'd love to bring Ollie :xfngr:

cecily
22nd September 2008, 05:49 PM
Likewise would love to bring Dora... ???

Karlin
22nd September 2008, 06:39 PM
I know they do have intentions of running this if there are enough people! Tara has had a lot on her plate with a sick dog and the Dunbar event so probably hasn;t sen this thread in a bit!

casshon
23rd September 2008, 08:12 PM
I'm definitely interested especially if its on a Sunday, it's really my only free day. I missed the last training session.

I hope Taras' dog is OK :lotsaluv:

Claire L
23rd September 2008, 08:45 PM
I'm definitely interested especially if its on a Sunday, it's really my only free day. I missed the last training session.

I hope Taras' dog is OK :lotsaluv:

Casshon, are you bringing both your girlies?

pippa
23rd September 2008, 09:36 PM
I really want to do this with my little pippin.

TKC
25th September 2008, 11:41 AM
Working on this now!

Having met Mr Pippin it pushed me onto to start getting this sorted.

Therese I am mailing you your stuff today also...

Ste
25th September 2008, 12:24 PM
Jasmine would like to attend too, though she's so far from being the sharpest knife in the drawer that she's practically in another room :D

TKC
1st October 2008, 04:26 PM
Click this page and scroll down to the CAVALIER KING CHARLES PET OBEDIENCE COURSE (the baby blue coloured course)

There is €30 off the regular price for this special group of doglets :)

www.dogtrainingireland.ie/training_classes.php

12 spaces and it's open so not just this board!

Enjoy.

casshon
1st October 2008, 08:06 PM
:bang: I can't do this course either as its on a Saturday. I have matches every Saturday :(.

Oh well, hope everyone else has fun ;).

pippa
1st October 2008, 09:45 PM
I would miss the 8th of nov, could I still do it?

cecily
1st October 2008, 10:11 PM
Yay! I have booked Dora in :D
Haven't done any really formal training with her yet, but she will sit for a treat (it's just she jumps all over me once she gets it :) Full of nervous energy)

casshon
2nd October 2008, 10:59 AM
I just booked Molly in for the obedience refresher course. It's a great idea to have a refresher course. Starts next Wednesday, can't wait :cool:

pippa
2nd October 2008, 08:22 PM
OH NO..! looks like I may not be doing this now as I have to go into hospital for a minor procedure but was called today, after months of waiting so I'll be going in soon and will miss another class and could only maybe make two classes.

Looks like I will have to leave it until next time.

Shelli
2nd October 2008, 09:11 PM
I'm gonna have to miss it too :( Saturday is my busiest day so I cant take time off. Looks like Ollie is gonna have to be unruly for another while :rolleyes:

casshon
2nd October 2008, 09:13 PM
OH NO..! looks like I may not be doing this now as I have to go into hospital for a minor procedure but was called today, after months of waiting so I'll be going in soon and will miss another class and could only maybe make two classes.

Looks like I will have to leave it until next time.

I hope everything goes well for you in hospital Pippa :flwr:

pippa
6th October 2008, 11:27 AM
I hope everything goes well for you in hospital Pippa :flwr:

Thanks Casshon:flwr:

Ste
29th October 2008, 01:21 PM
I almost forgot about this, I've just booked Jasmine in, i'm sure she'll enjoy herself :)

cecily
29th October 2008, 01:27 PM
Yes, Dora will be going also. Anybody else?

Mimi
29th October 2008, 11:17 PM
Hi ,
Would love to attend a course but I'm only available on Sunday's like Shelli Saturday is my busiest Day , I never have a saturday off .
Are they ever done on Sundays?
Cavalier training course or Agility for Rua ?
Mimi

pippa
30th October 2008, 08:38 AM
I can't go this time round and I think in the future I will be busy on saturday so if there's ever one on sunday I'll most likely be there with Pippin!

TKC
31st October 2008, 12:31 AM
Yes we did a Sunday Workshop before. We should do it again in future but probably when we move.

How many people would like a Sunday Workshop?

Tara

pippa
31st October 2008, 08:15 AM
Me please!!

Shelli
31st October 2008, 08:49 AM
Me too :jump:

Mimi
31st October 2008, 10:40 AM
Count me in , would like to sign up my 3 Heidi Nifa(she's deaf ) and Rua .I'd love to do agility with Rua he's a livewire .
Only Sundays not available would be Late April to Early June we open then for commmunion portraits .
Mimi

Ste
31st October 2008, 01:12 PM
How many people would like a Sunday Workshop?

I'd love a Sunday *terrier* workshop ;)

Karlin
1st November 2008, 01:27 PM
I see a cavalier only 4 week Saturday course started today! :lol:

coconut
1st November 2008, 03:00 PM
i would do a sunday as well!!!

Ste
1st November 2008, 08:46 PM
I see a cavalier only 4 week Saturday course started today! :lol:

It was almost a black&tan only class :D

Karlin
1st November 2008, 09:04 PM
Really? That's amazing as they are usually pretty rare to see!

Ste
1st November 2008, 09:16 PM
Really? That's amazing as they are usually pretty rare to see!

I think there were four others, I've only ever met two in the flesh before so it was a pleasant surprise to see so many :D

cecily
1st November 2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah I couldn't believe it. Poor Dougal missed out!!
Was great fun, and very good for Dora, nervous little thing that she is :D
Was lovely to meet Jasmine :)

P.S. Karlin heard you on the radio this evening!