PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Goldie: CKCS/lab cross, one of Ginger's puppies

Karlin
23rd July 2008, 08:58 PM
One of Ginger's puppies is coming back to me as the family with young kids who took her now unexpectedly, have nobody at home during the day as both parents are back at work; and as an older puppy, she is too active for them and needs walks and some formal training.

She will be fostered back to Thelly where she will get to see her mum and her sister Juliette who lives next door!

She is about a year old, like a petite lab, with cavalier personality blended with labrador which as you can imagine, means very sweet and playful and loving. She adores kids. She would make an ideal little family dog. :)

She is spayed.

A condition of homing will be for her to be enrolled at Dog Training Ireland for a basic obedience class, which will be fun for her and for her new family. :)

Aileen
23rd July 2008, 09:57 PM
Hope she gets a new home quickly but can we see some photos of her please
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Karlin
23rd July 2008, 10:24 PM
Don't have any photos I am afraid at this time.

Karlin
23rd July 2008, 10:30 PM
OK found this puppy pic -- she is the girl in the middle:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1353/1437399653_f757537fa9.jpg

Her sister on the left is just a bit larger than a cavalier at full grown so they are quite small -- Thelly says she is constantly asked what kind of dog she is as they are quite striking, with a cavalier reddish coat, lab shape, and small size. :)

Aileen
24th July 2008, 12:32 PM
they are beaitful :lotsaluv:
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Cleo's Person
24th July 2008, 12:47 PM
They are beautiful. I hope she finds her forever home soon. This is a silly question, but I wonder will she recognise her Mum and sister? Do they even recognise they are related? BTW she's a beauty.

Karlin
24th July 2008, 03:21 PM
I know that sometimes parents actually do not get along with their puppies when they grow up -- I have heard of so many mothers that are prone to fighting with daughters and the actor who plays the father on Frasier was on the radio here the other day and was asked about the dog that played Eddie -- he said there were two dogs, the main Eddie and his son, that played the role and they had tp be kept apart at all times as they'd attack each other! He also said the older Eddie was TOTALLY indifferent to all of them, only cared for his trainer. To get him to lick his face he said he had to rub sardine oil on his face or they'd put liver pate behind Kelsey Grammar's ear. :lol:

I think Ginger is pretty indifferent to Juliette, her daughter.

Mary
24th July 2008, 04:41 PM
I think it must be unique to each individual dog. I have Maya Rose a black and tan and her daughter Sassy. They are so close to each other. Maya will play gently with Sassy and her daughter is the only one of my dogs she plays with. They have always seemed really close. But then Maya is the sweetest pup.

coconut
25th July 2008, 09:44 AM
oh my god she is beautiful, i cannot believe how big she is!

Dublin
25th July 2008, 10:18 AM
OMG She's gorgeous!

Talking of the mother/daughter thing my Jack Russell met her mother for the first time since leaving her at about a year old & she was very growly at her - the mother was fine but Cass was not having a bar of her! - Cassies two brothers were there that day too & 1 tryed to attack her (was at a family dog show & he attacked anything that moved almost) & the other jumped all over her!

sins
25th July 2008, 10:43 AM
have heard of so many mothers that are prone to fighting with daughters
Not so different from us then really!
My sis in law has a pair of Brittany spaniels,the mother is top dog but they get on extremely well together.
I can't imagine Daisy getting on well with other females which could be a problem as we are interested ina dding another cavalier.The only dog she actually likes is Parker the greedy cavalier and she bosses him to death as well.
Sins

Cleo's Person
25th July 2008, 05:58 PM
Not so different from us then really!:rotfl: :rotfl:

I supose it they have been separated, then maybe a close relative is just like any other dog? Maybe sometimes they get along and sometimes not. Thanks for the info. :)

Karlin
27th July 2008, 08:01 PM
I took Goldie up to Thelly's today and Ginger her mum was pretty darn uninterested but we are sure Juliette, her sister, and Goldie recognised each other as they immediately started playing together in a way none of the other dogs did.

Goldie is a little taller than Juliette with a slightly heavier head but they are very similar! They look much bigger in this picture than they are -- they are right between cavaliers and labs in size. Goes to show you just cannot tell the parentage of many mixes -- if I saw these dogs I'd guess lab mixes but never guess they had cavalier -- the only clues are they are the reddish colour of a blenheim and Goldie has particularly large eyes. And they both have great temperaments and personalities!

On thing that was also interesting is that Juliette was by far the largest in the litter and now she is quite a small and more petite build than her once- much smaller sister. So also goes to show you cannot judge the size of adults by the size of the siblings relative to each other or even to a parent! These pups are far bigger than their mother now. All depends which way the genetic dice land.

It was a pleasure to meet Goldie again and see her with Juliette and the good thing is, she has a new home by a river with a retired couple so will get lots of attention and activity (she could stand to lose a few pounds! :lol:)

Goldie is on the left here! Juliette on the right:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3025/2707648130_34a7688aba.jpg

For comparison, Juliette on left, Goldie in middle at 9 weeks or so I think:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1353/1437399653_f757537fa9.jpg

pippa
27th July 2008, 08:37 PM
They look so cute.

Louise1823
27th July 2008, 08:59 PM
wow look how big they are!! two cuties :lotsaluv: Great to hear she has her new home sorted!

Nicki
27th July 2008, 10:28 PM
Lovely to see the pups "all growed up" - and that's fantastic news about a new home - well done.

Cleo's Person
29th July 2008, 10:07 PM
Great that Goldie has found a forever home!

Salgal
1st August 2008, 02:41 AM
Aww they so cute!!!!:lotsaluv: