PDA

View Full Version : Update:norris

frecklesmom
24th July 2008, 02:09 PM
:updte: Have to admit I follow this little man's progress daily and today a lovely video (:cry*ing:darn music). Many Tears has invested so much in him and he returns their love a hundredfold.

Scroll down at site to last 2 entries

http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/noris.htm

qwickkertje
24th July 2008, 02:47 PM
Norris makes the tears come into my eyes.. He's such a sweetie.. I fell in love with him the first time I saw him.. and I regularly go back to read on how he's doing as well...

Cathy T
24th July 2008, 04:08 PM
Okay, I'm now totally cried out for the morning!! What an incredible spirit little Norris has. He looks like such a happy little fella.

Cleo's Person
25th July 2008, 06:21 PM
Norris is amazing! He's so brave. The people who are caring for him are just angels.

jayneuk
4th August 2008, 11:45 PM
Ive just read and watched the video and i could'nt stop crying wat an amazing little boy i really hope he has a full and happy life.Fingers crossed for the little man.

Dublin
28th July 2009, 12:07 PM
Anyone know what happened in the end with Norris?

I dont know why but I was sitting here in work thinking about him, I went onto the many tears site but he has gone from it so Im guessing (& hoping) he recovered from all his surgeries & got his forever home?

Karlin
28th July 2009, 02:02 PM
No he is still there -- was rehomed; last update was January when he was diagnosed with two luxatting patellas on top of everything else... no update on the surgeries at that point.

http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/norris.htm

Dublin
28th July 2009, 02:11 PM
ah bless him - I wonder why they havent updated his page for so long though?

Karlin
28th July 2009, 03:57 PM
Well, probably because he is now homed and most owners don't regularly report back on their dogs to the rescue, even those that have special needs. It would be a big request of the owner to have to keep doing this. Also for the rescue it takes effort to keep posting new updates when there are a lot of other things taking up their time I am sure on the website and the rescue.

I enjoy hearing back now and then from those who own my rescue dogs and sometimes I am lucky enough to get to see them, usually out at a DTI event or a group walk, but people generally want to rightly give their time to their new addition. :)

Dublin
28th July 2009, 05:20 PM
Sorry Karlin - when you said he's still there I thought you meant he's still at many tears (or foster) rather than his page is still there - that'll teach me for not reading properley!!

Really glad he has a home - I wonder if the fosterer kept him? I know I couldnt have given up a dog I had gone through so much with - I would find it hard to trust someone to look after him with all his needs!

frecklesmom
28th July 2009, 06:49 PM
I've corresponded with Norris' foster off and on and today she wrote to say that Norry has completed his patella surgeries and he is done with having surgery. His legs are still quite crooked and only does short walks, however, he can run easily :). Norris' foster became his permanent home. It sounds as if she loves him so much and I think Norris' has found a great home.

Dublin
28th July 2009, 08:01 PM
:)That really is the best news! Im so glad Norris's fosterer kept him, everything she wrote about him & his progress was written with such love for the little fella he deserved to have that love for the rest of his life.

Glad to hear he's finished with his surgeries now too, so many ops for such a young boy, I think I feel for him as he's only about a month older than Sparky & to think how much he's been through in his little life...............

george108
30th July 2009, 04:09 AM
Very emotional story.

Tilly Flop
10th August 2009, 09:13 PM
I'm so pleased that Norris has a forever home. I've watched his progress for ages & then all of a sudden there was no news.

Karlin
11th August 2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks for that happy update! :)

Brian M
11th August 2009, 11:05 AM
Hi

Good on Norris and thank heaven no more surgery and what a super foster Mum now owner:):):)

frecklesmom
15th December 2009, 03:27 PM
Emailed Norry's Mom and this is her reply re: the wonderful Norry

Hi Pat,Lovely to hear from you again. Merry Christmas to you to Little Norry is doing well though his little legs are not good at all. There is nothing else that can be done for him which is so so sad. He stays happy and cheerful and manages a short walk each day. He is a gorgeous boy he is my gorgeous boy. He is naughtiness on 4 little legs and full of mischief. He is my little shining star Pat and I love him to bits. He has many brothers and sisters now and many foster B and S as well. He plays non stop throughout the day and barks for England when he wants something NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hope my email finds you well. Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year.

*Pauline*
15th December 2009, 06:35 PM
Aww that's nice, thanks for letting us know x

Brian M
15th December 2009, 10:27 PM
Hi

Thanks for the info:)