PDA

View Full Version : Gooey stuff near the eye

Rocky and James
25th July 2008, 10:13 AM
Hey everybody,:):thmbsup:
Sorry for all the questions:confused: im just curious, but is it normal and do your cavaliers have this gooey line just below there eye running down there cheek i have a photo for you to.
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm29/James1z/Rocky/P1010125.jpg

Cavfan
25th July 2008, 10:51 AM
I think its whats know as Cavalier tears- regular bathing with cotton wool in warm water should do the trick!

Justine
25th July 2008, 11:17 AM
If its a yellowy or green in colour,more than likely an eye infection,trip to the vets is a good idea as it can spread to the oher eye.

Bunnylover
25th July 2008, 12:26 PM
I've just got back from vets and asked the same question! He said it's something this breed are prone to and as long as it's not discoloured and/or the eye is red it's nothing to worry about.

Rocky and James
25th July 2008, 12:57 PM
thanks guys i thought it was just normal to, but there is a little bit of yellow on the end of it so i think we are going to the vets soon because we believe he has ticks so thank you all

Cathy Moon
25th July 2008, 01:24 PM
I wet a paper towel for each dog every morning and squeeze most of the water out, and gently wipe their little faces, including under and around the eyes. Then I blot that area dry with a kleenex. They seem happier and more comfortable when their faces are cleaned daily. :flwr:

leesanlucie
25th July 2008, 01:28 PM
oh....i no the feeling.
its never ending with lucie!
she had blocked tear ducts....and when they tried flushing them it didnt work.it was like a dead end! seeing vet on mon about anything else we can do..:(
So in the mean time we have to clean them morning and evening.Vet also thinks she has a touch of hayfever too!