• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My kids think I love the dogs more!

brotymo

I thought I'd share what my kids said this morning when they saw me on here, and saw my siggy. My oldest said "Gee mom, all you say about us is '3 two-legged kids' but for the dogs, you say their names and breed for each one. I think you love them more than us." I had to explain about safety on a open forum, and how I didn't feel it would be a great idea to advertise their personal details, just like they aren't supposed to be giving it out, either.
Pretty funny though.

Lol

My oldest said "Gee mom, all you say about us is '3 two-legged kids' but for the dogs, you say their names and breed for each one. I think you love them more than us."

LOL, I can relate. My 27 & 29 yr. olds swear I love the dogs more. My daughter says " You spend WAY, WAY more on the dogs for Christmas than you do us!" When Leona Helmsley passed way (the gazillionaire rather witchy woman);) I found the article where she had left most of her fortune to her dog. So... I "altered" it with a pic of my male, George, and edited the story with my name and emailed it to my daughter. ;) My daughter calls me the "crazy dog lady." Oh, well. I probably am!

Peg in Iowa

rotf--- my kids (now 24 and 21) have been saying this for YEARS.

Peg-- I just read an article about "leona" and she left 12 million to her dog-- most of which goes to humans to take care of the happy dog.

My son on Bebo has a pic of me and Sam, my cavalier that died in October, with the caption "My mum and dog Sam who she loves more than me".

yer well,when i talk to hubby i might as well be talking to the brick wall.Anyway Alfs and Archie are prettier.

haha i dont have kids but my family and friends say it to me and people always say when i die i want to come back as one of your dogs. HAHA i wander why. heehee:luv:

My daughter says the same thing! We have far more pictures of dogs than our daughter or grandkids. But to be fair, we have far more dogs than kids and grandkids. Besides, the dogs listen to us far better...usually :lol:

My daughter says the same thing! We have far more pictures of dogs than our daughter or grandkids. But to be fair, we have far more dogs than kids and grandkids. Besides, the dogs listen to us far better...usually :lol:

AND Bruce-- they don't ask for the keys to the car. They don't have to go to college---- and if they tick you off, you put them in a crate and no one can call child services-lol

My daughter was just giving me a bad time (for the millionth time) about me loving the dogs more than her. I made her read this thread. She no longer feels "alone in the world".
J.

Eleven Reasons Dogs are Better than Children (don't call child services on me, this is posted in fun :D)

1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3 Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't want to wear your clothes
10. Don't need a 'gazillion' dollars for college.
And finally,
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

Eleven Reasons Dogs are Better than Children (don't call child services on me, this is posted in fun :D)

1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3 Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't want to wear your clothes
10. Don't need a 'gazillion' dollars for college.
And finally,
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

:jump::jump:

How true.(y)

Back