• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet insurance questions

chloe92us

Okay, so everyone on this site talks about insurance. I have never explored the option, so I'm looking at it now. I guess my question is; what is the cost/benefit factor? If I insure both of my dogs, the premiums will run about $540 annually. The only way I could see this being worth it, would be in the case of a major surgery or a genetic condition (SM, PSOM, MVD).

Are hereditary conditions even covered?

I found out the benefit of insurance last month when we lost Pixie. Her day and a half in the Vet Hospital in ICU was $1300.00. I was happy with Embrace and their service and payment of the claim (90% after my $200.00 annual deductible). I picked Embrace because they cover genetic conditions and continuing care as well.
I wish I'd had it on my collie, Lad earlier this week because our visit to the vet trying to diagnose what made him sick, xrays, bloodwork, & meds cost $280.00. It would have been covered. If we hadn't found the tick that did it to him, he was likely less than a day away from a critical care situation, or, god forbid, dead. (He had tick paralysis).
I will definitely buy from Embrace again when we get our new pup.

Back