PDA

View Full Version : Fosters... help!! Getting snowed under with cavaliers

Karlin
26th July 2008, 01:10 AM
I have seven dogs in rescue at the moment and three more potentially coming in. I have nowhere for most of these dogs to go. If anyone especially in the Dublin region is thinking about fostering, I could sure use some help. :eek:

brotymo
26th July 2008, 04:09 AM
Wow, Karlin, I am sorry I am on the other side of the pond. I'd love to help, or even adopt one. You really don't find cavaliers needing rescue too much in the states.

sins
26th July 2008, 10:21 AM
Can only take females at the moment,but if any girl can be brought to Portlaoise I can collect from there as usual.
Sins

Ashley
26th July 2008, 10:30 AM
Oh Karlin, thats terrible. Is it just in Dublin that you use foster homes... or is it a bit further afield in Ireland as well? Shame Im on the other side of the water. I know Holly and Murphy would get on well with a wee foster.

sallymum
26th July 2008, 11:33 AM
Karlin i can foster if u like. Dora going today. During the day i or O/H can, i should say, can transport.

brid kenny
26th July 2008, 11:52 AM
I could take one until Friday.

Karlin
26th July 2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks guys -- my priority is getting George moved. I have a class all day today and have to drive Goldie to Thelly tomorrow -- I might see if the owner can drop him somewhere tomorrow; will update and talk to people then.

I have probably three more cavaliers coming in next week, one pair and one solo. I will likely need some foster slots for them but am waiting to get more info so I know what happens next. I have not yet spoken to their owners.

I am glad Dora is getting sorted now too! :) Thanks so much to Sallymum and Noelle. :flwr:

Karlin
26th July 2008, 11:18 PM
Ok George is now sorted; he should be going to his new family tomorrow. That means I have some breathing space as I think two of the possible next three cavaliers were homed by the owner... :xfngr:

Alison_Leighfield
27th July 2008, 02:36 PM
Sincerely hope you get them all sorted, the West of the UK is having it's fair share as well, seems the credit crunch is having an affect, that and health issues :(

Alison.

Louisma
28th July 2008, 10:02 AM
Hi

If I can help anybody please let me know. I have three of my own cavaliers and have fostered for Many Tears - I dont currently have a foster dog - my last one went on Thursday.

I am based in Essex so unfortunately too far away to help Karlin but if anybody else needs me just shout!

Maxine

rachel73
28th July 2008, 11:55 AM
Hi Karlin,
I am around all day and can pick up a dog for you or transport and am in Dublin too if you do have anything we can help with.
We woud be only too happy to help out with any doggy issues!!

Rachel, Andy and Harvey:blabla:

Justine
28th July 2008, 03:02 PM
Dont forget my offer karlin,we will hopefully be open within 3 months.I will keep you posted on the exact date...I know its no help now.