• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Introduction

Molly Mo

Hi we have one cavalier who is 2 years old, we intend to have more!!! Our cavalier Mollly has SM so we have joined cavalier talk to get any extra info and help/support anyone can offer. We lost our first cavalier 2 years ago to SM, and yes we still want another cavalier, We have all got to work together in trying to stop SM, it is a dreadful condition and it is heart breaking watching your dog who you love dearly go through so much pain and upset. Please anyone with any info please get in touch!! thanks

Welcome. :) I think you meant to start a new thread -- your post went in at the bottom of someone else's intro thread -- so I set up a separate thread.

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your first cavalier and the illness with your second. Several of us on the board have cavaliers living with SM though and there's a whole forum within the board for SM and MVD discussions and support so I hope you'll find some useful contacts and info here. :)

Welcome to you and Molly! I am so sorry about your first Cavalier and that Molly also suffers from SM. You have come to the right place for great information, links and support for this, and other issues that are common in this breed.

It is also a place you can come to laugh, learn and commune with all of the rest of us who are absolutely Cavalier crazy!!! :lpy:

icon_welcome to the board. I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your first cav to SM and that your current doggie is likewise affected. People here are wonderfully supportive, and I'm sure you'll find lots of advice, solace and support here. Looking forward to getting to know you better and to seeing some photos of Molly, when you have a chance.

Hi Karlin,

Thanks for your message and for keeping the threads right!! I am new to this and not too hot on the computer but I will get there eventually!!! Im sure I will be chatting to you over the next few weeks. SM is such a big thing and there is so much to learn, it will be great to ask people for their advice, thank you and I look forward to chatting with you again soon, many thanks

thanks Marianne! I think I am going cavalier crazy! I look forward to asking your advice and chatting to you soon, many thanks Sarah

Hi Tanya

Thank you for your lovely message, I am looking forward to meeting and talking to people on this site, I will get some pictures of Molly and put them on, I will have to ask my husband as I am not too hot on the computer!! Molly is doing ok at the moment, she has good days and bad, we just take one day at a time, she is so lovely, we love cavaliers so much, thank you again Sarah

Hey Sarah:)(y) Welcome to the board it is great fun here. Im so sorry to hear of the loss of your other cavvy. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Hi Rocky and James,

thanks for your message, I will get some pictures on asap!! I will look forward to talking to you soon.

Hi and welcome.
So sorry about the loss of your 1st cavalier.....and that your doggie Molly suffers from SM. :(
There is lots of information and people going through the same thing here.....its a great support!
Cant wait to see some pics of Molly! :)

Welcome! Im sad to hear about your loss and also that Molly is diagnosed with SM...I hope she is feeling OK .
We´d love to see som pics of your girl:)

Back