• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

FOUND:Missing Cavalier in Hollywood, CA

Cathy T

Received this e-mail this evening, if you're in this area please keep your eyes and ears open:

Hello,
I've recently (24hours ago) lost Eden, my 2-year-old (spayed) Cavalier King Charles, and I'm desperate. Someone mentioned checking with my local rescue. Can you please point me in the right direction? I live (and my dog was lost in) North Hollywood, CA 91607. She may have headed east toward Burbank, CA 91505. Do you know of any rescues in or around these areas? If so, please pass along any contact info.

Thank you for your time and any help you can give,

I hope and pray the cavalier will be found quickly. :xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw:

Does America have a website that is equivalent to DogLost in UK?

I will try to research and see if there is such a site for the US in the meantime.

Here is a website where people can list lost and found pets, and you can also enter in a zip code and get a list of all area shelters and rescues: http://www.pets911.com/organizations/organizations.php This same site allows you to search for dogs found with a date and zip code selection.

There are several other websites; I used Google and searched for 'dogs lost US'.

One of the sites, FindToto.com is a paid service that will dial hundreds or even thousands of people in your area with a message describing the lost pet and providing contact information.

Last edited:
My daughter lives in the North Hollywood area of Valley Village....What is the desc/sex/color of the missing Cavalier? Did it just get out and run, or did someone steal him from the yard? Are there more details?

Thanks for the links Cathy. I e-mailed them to her.

She's only had the dog for a couple of weeks....and unfortunately she is not microchipped :( All of the rescue groups in the area have been notified. Praying she is found soon.

Here is a picture of her

Eden.jpg

She should heavily poster the area with her picture clearly offering a REWARD (no need to state the amount or just say 'substantial reward). Also get info up in all local vets and pounds and make sure she also gets info to outlying pounds and shelters.

Hooray !!! Eden is home!!!

This is the e-mail I received this evening:

Thank you all so much for everything you've done to help me search. Someone did find her wandering about the neighborhood and took her in; then as she was discussing it with friends, one of them told her about the posters I put up. So she called and now Eden and I are happily re-united!!! First item on my list: get her tagged and microchipped!
So thank you all again. My ordeal was lessened by knowing i had all of your help :)
Take care
-Mary

What a great way to end my day :)

Oh, that is great news. :) For all of us, it would be our ultimate nightmare to have a dog wander off. :eek:

Back