PDA

View Full Version : Beanbag dog beds

pippa
28th July 2008, 01:19 PM
Hi all, I got Gus and Pippin a new bed the filling is much the same as in beanbags but they don't like it and won't sleep on it, I think it's the sensation of the filling shifting. They sleep together and if one of them gets in it's fine but when the other gets in they both jump out!

Anyway I got them another one with different filling as they are not that expensive.

If anyone wants the other two bean bag ones ( I had bought a spare) they are welcome to them..free..

I'm on the northside of Dublin if anyone would like them please pm me. They didn't even sleep on them the first night I tried them they slept on the floor! It would probably be fine and comfy for one dog,DJ has his own new bed though which he loves,so I don't need them,but it's a shame for them to go to waste.

Claire L
28th July 2008, 03:04 PM
I'm sure Maggie in "Dogs aid" would love those for some of her oldies - just a thought.
I'm going away in the morning for a few days but I'd be happy to deliver them for you (if you want???) when I get back. :)

pippa
28th July 2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks Claire I had thought of Maggie as I gave her lots of stuff before.I just thought someone on here might like them..if no one takes up the offer I will drop them over to her or leave them in the vets as she does collections from there. Thanks for the offer.

Ps. enjoy your few days away..are the girls going too?

Karlin
29th July 2008, 01:09 AM
You might hang on to them and leave them around -- sometimes it just takes a while for them to decide to use a different kind of bed!

Davy
29th July 2008, 01:27 AM
When I first took on my yorkie (now an angel). She had never had a bed of her own. She would sleep on her owner’s bed but because her owner knew she had to give her up, she had trained Dizzy to sleep in her leather jacket on the floor as she didn’t have a bed (owner was a biker, so leather jacket was part of her).

Well I bought Dizzy a bed but she wouldn’t sleep in it at first until I placed a toy she loved on the bed so that the smell of the toy became part of the bed and from then on she would happily sleep on this bed.

I have had dogs before that found bean bag beds strange in the beginning but they came round in the end to the beds, especially in winter months because of the extra warmth they get from the beds.

It does take them sometime to get used to a new bed.

casshon
29th July 2008, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure how old your dogs are but I know Honey didn't like sleeping on her bean bag because it was hard for her to get out off - she had weak back legs :lotsaluv:. It does sometimes take them a while to get used to new things (although my new girls don't have that problem :D)

pippa
29th July 2008, 01:36 PM
It was more Gus that didn't like it,but him and Pippin sleep together..I think when Pippin settled in to it Gus was getting the pushed together part and it was too hard and too high for him..I tried putting him in first but he sat all uncomfortable looking at me. He did lie down and I left him for the night,but, my son stayed up very late and said Gus wouldn't settle and kept sitting outside the basket looking in at it! He gets a new bed every once in a while and never has any problem but it's always soft filler which I gave him the next night and he got in and was snoring before I left the room..He is nearly 7 yrs old..so getting set in his ways.

nicola
30th July 2008, 01:50 AM
Well I would be delighted to have them but unfortunately I'm up in the far north in Islandmagee so I don't really pass through Dublin on a regular basis :rotfl:It is really kind of you to offer them and I am sure someone will be happy to take them when they see the post. x