PDA

View Full Version : New Tags

arasara
29th July 2008, 07:05 PM
I recently received the new tags I ordered for Kosmo and Faith. :) I was surprised to see how light weight they are. . . I really like them and they are a great price at $22 after shipping! ;)

http://www.petpamper.com.au/

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/2713478299_9f26750825_b.jpg

Lani
29th July 2008, 07:30 PM
So cute Sara!

I as surprised to see how expensive the crystal tags got on Tiabellas :eek: I'd been kinda holding out with the intention of someday splurging ... Don't think Lucky will ever be getting a Crystal tag at those new prices though.

Kosmo & Faith's new tags are adorable though ... I might have to go and see about getting one for the Luckster. :p

arasara
29th July 2008, 07:41 PM
Yup Lani I totally agree with you!! Kosmo has one, and I was thinking of getting Faith one too, but for nearly $70 for an ID tag, I just can't justify it :eek:

These ones work just fine for $11/tag! :w**h**:

Kosmo and Faith would be honored to have their great cavalier friend Lucky wear the same type of tag as them :flwr:

brotymo
29th July 2008, 09:49 PM
I get my dog's tags at Walmart from the machine they have that makes tags on-the-spot for $4.00-6.00 each. The colored ones are a very lightweight material. Somewhere I read that the single best way you can get someone to call if your dog goes missing and someone happens to look at his/her tag is to have only "I'm Lost" and your phone number/s on it, nothing else. I got the smallest tags with just that on them (after Kaya got her bone-shaped tag caught in a vent one time. She freaked and yanked hard and bent the loop attachment so she broke free (being the large, strong dog she is) in addition to yanking the vent out of the floor. I hate to think if it had been a smaller dog. There might have been a choking.

On another note, a while back, Petsmart had fancy leather collars with gold plating on the metal and swarovski crystal accents on sale. the small ones wound up being only 8 dollars! They were very nice. We had one for Pixie.

arasara
29th July 2008, 10:02 PM
(after Kaya got her bone-shaped tag caught in a vent one time. She freaked and yanked hard and bent the loop attachment so she broke free (being the large, strong dog she is) in addition to yanking the vent out of the floor. I hate to think if it had been a smaller dog. There might have been a choking.

Yikes! that's scary!! That's one of the reasons my dogs only wear collars when they go outside. I know it's a totally contraversial issue, but I prefer to leave them nekkid in the house.

I love when they have those sales at petsmart ;) I sent a few like that down to rescue and they were used to transport dogs to their furever homes :lotsaluv:

I have their names on the front and then Avi's cell #, "microchipped", and their insurance number on the back. . . in addition, they have their rabies tags with our vet's info on it, as well as their insurance tags that say "in case of emergency, call #$@!" and their policy #.

I think the colored ones from wal mart are the same material as these.. They are extremely light weight and I really like that. There were several different shapes to choose from. . I think next we're going for the stars :rolleyes:

brotymo
30th July 2008, 02:45 AM
Yikes! that's scary!! That's one of the reasons my dogs only wear collars when they go outside. I know it's a totally contraversial issue, but I prefer to leave them nekkid in the house.

Yes, I know what you mean. I have agonized over the best route a lot (tags, collars, etc). Before the tag in the vent episode with Kaya (she likes to lay on the cold air vent) when she was younger, I had to leave collars off our vizslas. Kaya would wrestle with Odin and with the other vizsla, Samantha, we had when I was married to my ex (now ex husband has her). She would grab their collars with her mouth. One day I heard a frantic yelping and dashed outside. Kaya had her lower jaw under the collar, which had twisted, forming a noose around her bottom jaw. I couldn't get her loose because her long canines were hooked through it. It was a buckle collar, and it was SOOO tight from being twisted around and through Kaya's mouth, I couldn't unbuckle it! Sammy was the poor dog being strangled, and Kaya was freaking and thrashing herself all around trying to get loose. At the time she was about a year old and 80 lbs. Poor Sam was looking at me with the most pleading look in her eyes. I could hear her struggling for air and getting NONE. I couldn't even get one finger under the collar to allow Sam to breathe. Kaya's antics were making it much worse. My children were much younger, and were playing out in the side yard, out of the fenced area and I yelled for them to go get our neighbor and have him bring a knife, but they were confused and not sure what was happening. Finally, I realized that Sam was about to fall unconscious, and so I thought, "I am pulling kaya's jaw out, even if I break it or break off her canines. I can have a broken jaw fixed, and she can live without her teeth, but I can't let Sam die like this." I pulled as hard as I could, and out her jaw came. Poor Sammy had an awful ligature mark around her neck like someone had deliberately tried to strangle her. I was trembling and just started to cry. The next day, two huge black bruises showed up on the insides of my thighs, and I didn't even feel it at the time it happened. That is how hard I was gripping Kaya between my thighs, trying to hold her still during the ordeal.
Now, I only use the collars that quick-release on Odin, and I only began using even them in the past year.
I like these collars now:
http://www.breakawaycollar.com/
If they catch on something, they break loose, but they will reconnect, so they aren't a one-shot deal.

jeni
1st August 2008, 07:10 PM
I just have a quick question- how long have you had the tags? Do you feel that they wear good? I was just wondering because like the one's I get from the pet store- after a while the engraving wears off. I am getting ready to order some right now- just thought I would get some feedback on it.
Thanks in Advance-