• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

News update about Frankie, senior rescue dog

gloucester girl

Hello all,
perhaps you remember Frankie. We "rescued" him in February when his owner of 11 years had to go into a nursing home. We since heard that he passed away (only two weeks after moving). We have had Frankie for 6 months now, and he has brought immeasurable happiness to our family !
He settled in very well and very quickly. He is even happier now that he had his coat groomed professionally and the vet removed quite a few of his teeth. He must have been uncomfortable before because the operation seems to have given him even more energy. He really does act like a puppy sometimes not like the senior dog he is!
Does your cavalier talk? Ours does. When he lies on his back to have his tummy stroked, he makes a kind of purring noise. At first we thought he was growling at us but it soon became clear that it is a happy, cuddly kind of noise. We can even make him "purr" by imitating the sound! This happens particularly first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Here are some pictures of Frankie in beautiful Ireland. He did love the beaches, and even though we live in a very pretty part of Gloucestershire, it just isn't quite good enough...
If you think of rescuing a cavalier, we can recommend it!

Lots of love from very happy first time dog owners, Susanne & family:lotsaluv:

Thank you, Sarah. I have just looked at some pictures of your Rosie on your public profile. She is adorable, too!!! My girls, who should be in bed, but have caught me on the Cavalier Talk site again, think she is beautiful! We would love another cavy, a tri, maybe later... Best wishes, Susanne:rah:

I have just looked at some pictures of your Rosie on your public profile. She is adorable, too!!! My girls, who should be in bed, but have caught me on the Cavalier Talk site again, think she is beautiful!

Thank you so much Susanne - I think she's adorable as well. But saying that, ALL cavaliers are adorable :):)

Wow!! It's amazing that he is 11 years old! Look at him running!! How wonderful that he's doing so well with you. He sounds wonderful.

:w*w:He looks great!!!! (y)

U are obviously doing a great job with him!He doesnt look anywhere near 11!
Regarding the purring noise......my dog Lucie does it too....we initially thought she was growling :rotfl:However have since found out from the breeder of my puppy that its a purring noise means they are happy just like a cat :winkct:....Phew can breathe a sigh of relief there then!! LOL

Great pics :) Frankie looks so happy and content, I love the last pic the way he is lying there with is face between his paws is just like my two:)

He certainly doesn't look or act his age! :) I agree that rescues and especially the older rescues can be the most rewarding dogs.

Back