• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grooming questions

Hi everyone,
As you might read in my introduction I'm fostering little Lucy. I gave her a bath when she first came into our house, she was so afraid but took it okay. I also have a Golden Retriever and an Australian cattle dog. They are pretty much wash and wear dogs, well my ACD is. I don't bath very often but brush them 2x a week and that keeps the mets out. Now with them I use a wire slicker brush and the comb. Little Lucy has very little undercoat, my theory is that she just had a litter of puppies and lost all her undercoat or she is pregnent (going to find out soon). What kind of brush does everyone use for their dogs? Also my other dogs don't have stains on the eyes like little Lucy does and how do you clean those eyes?
She had a bonding experience with my golden yesterday. He was laying on the ground in the grass (backyard) rolling over on his back and she rubed all over him. He is so big that he scares her standing up but I guess he figurt out on his own if I lay down she'll play with me, too cute. I also have started to pick her up more and carry her a little, she really didn't like it in the beginning but is getting better. Yesterday I was holding her and sat down on the couch, she fell asleep in my arms. Since I always had big dogs holding a labdog, I never thought about it. I have to get used to that also.
Thank you for your help.
Elke, ZsaZsa, Bogart and little Lucy:dogwlk:

Cavaliers don't have an undercoat. They are a single-coated breed. I brush Daisy with a pin brush and then sometimes afterwards with a boar bristle brush about every other day. That's often enough to keep her from getting mats.

I mostly use a fine comb for Anastasia because she sheds so much it seems to get all the loose hair out. Diet has a lot to do with how much staining they have on their eyes. or it could be blocked tear ducts (very common in toys). sometimes it's just a never ending battle. I have special cleaning pads that work pretty good, or I just use a wet washcloth.

Back