• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Food and Soft Stool

My three year old Cavalier started getting really soft stool and started pooping more than usual about a month ago. He got put on prescription food by the vet and it seemed to get better, still not firm, but more regular and he was going less. I started introducing Natural Balance slowly, and he went right back to soft stool. This is the third food if tried. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? My vet just says it's trial and error, but it's getting expensive and time consuming.

My boy started out with soft stool problems. Part of our solution was California Natural Chicken and Rice. It has very few ingredients (and he obviously wasn't allergic to chicken ;)). I also put a spoonful of pumpkin into his food for fiber and firming, a probiotic and a digestive enzyme. I've since switched to Primal raw about a year and a half ago and the stool problems have completely cleared up. I do think part of it was he outgrew his intolerances.

Thanks so much for the reply Cathy. I will try the chicken and rice, that is basically what the prescription food is that he is on so that would be a smart move. Do you just used normal canned pumpkin? That is a great idea.

My Jato had this very problem off and on too. After switching his foods around several times I finally took him off chicken based foods and tried lamb. It's like magic.(y) He has been perfect ever since, and he loves the flavor too. He is on Wellness 5 Lamb.

Back