PDA

View Full Version : perfect kong stuffer

chloe'sdee
6th August 2008, 03:25 PM
I found a really great treat to go inside of a kong toy. Chloe can usually get anything out of it in 1-2 minutes flat. She has it down to a science ;) I got her new treats the other day and I put it in the kong and it took her close to an hour to get it out. She was so proud when it came out and she LOVED IT!! :w**h**:
http://www.dogswell.com/?title=102&pid=99

She needed a bit of a challenge, this was perfect. I'll post the pics of her intently working on her kong in the gallery.:lpy:

Lani
6th August 2008, 03:27 PM
Wow! Great idea. I have seen those treats but never thought of them as an option for stuffng into Kongs. Lucky would LOVE that.

Thanks for the tip! :thmbsup:

arasara
6th August 2008, 04:43 PM
That's such a great idea! I love it!

can you please tell me where that product is made?

hbmama
6th August 2008, 04:57 PM
I saw those the other day when I went in to buy Dottie's Primal. I am glad you brought the up because my girl can unstuff an Kong really fast too! They look like healthy treats and I am up for anything that will last a bit longer when I have things to do. Thanks for posting!

chloe'sdee
6th August 2008, 05:03 PM
That's such a great idea! I love it!

can you please tell me where that product is made?

All it is is a piece of apple with a piece of chicken breast wraped around it.not sure where its made.

INGREDIENTS
Apple, Chicken Breast, Flaxseed, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
crude protein 25% (min)
crude fat 0.5% (min)
crude fat 2% (max)
crude fiber 1.5% (max)
moisture 40% (max)
vitamin E 10000i.u./kg (min)
vitamin A 10000i.u./kg (min)
omega-3 fatty acids 0.05% (min)

Cathy T
6th August 2008, 05:15 PM
What a great idea. I've given up on kong's cause the pups get everything out too fast. I'll definitely give that a try.

chloe'sdee
6th August 2008, 05:59 PM
Didn't think to look on the bag:sl*p:
They are made in china, distributed from L.A.,California.
Sorry...:o

arasara
6th August 2008, 06:18 PM
lol :)

Thanks!!! :o

hbmama
6th August 2008, 08:40 PM
Didn't think to look on the bag:sl*p:
They are made in china, distributed from L.A.,California.
Sorry...:o

Bummer....I don't buy anything for her from China these days. Thanks for the update!

arasara
6th August 2008, 09:28 PM
Me too :( I haven't built up any trust what-so-ever yet since the recalls.

I know Free Range has something similar and all treats are apparently from Brazil:

http://www.freerangedogchews.com/catalog/section.asp?sec=2

:flwr:

Lani
6th August 2008, 09:33 PM
I have to confess that Lucky has Dogswell chicken treats every day ... he loves them. (the healthy heart kind)

That said, I haven't found any chicken Jerky treat not made in China, and he goes wild for the dried chicken breasts.

chloe92us
27th August 2008, 09:25 PM
I bought the apple & sweet potato varieties today and you're right...they are the PERFECT Kong stuffer! They've been working at them for an hour and have yet to get it out. They're really soft and pliable. No problem getting it in there. The real question is how to get it out if they don't manage to do it!? :eek: Anyway, my hope is that after the recalls, the factories are really being looked at and we hopefully won't see any more problems.

Cathy T
27th August 2008, 10:43 PM
I've got a bag of these (actually the chicken and sweet potato) sitting here. Now....just need to get the kongs :cool: I thought I had two, but only have one. Now you know that ain't gonna work!! :eek: I'm glad to know they work so well in the kong. Gonna have to pick another one up tomorrow.

hbmama
28th August 2008, 01:54 AM
I've got a bag of these (actually the chicken and sweet potato) sitting here. Now....just need to get the kongs :cool: I thought I had two, but only have one. Now you know that ain't gonna work!! :eek: I'm glad to know they work so well in the kong. Gonna have to pick another one up tomorrow.

I have ONE dog, and have bought NUMEROUS kongs. I have to go on scavenger hunts to find them, as Dottie has secret stashes of kongs, bully sticks and other treats hidden around the house.

Some of her hiding places include dirty laundry basket, the crossbar of a dining chair, under couch cushions, behind the sofa, and under the bedspread, at the foot of the bed.

chloe92us
9th September 2008, 07:59 PM
Well, I bought the treats, and I'm not sure if they are the source of my recent problem, but Ollie got colitis and terrible diarrhea two days after eating them. The new treats were the only thing that changed so it could have been that, but I will never be sure. Now I've bought two bags of them and am afraid to try them again! :eek: