PDA

View Full Version : Alligator

chloe92us
7th August 2008, 10:39 PM
I was driving to my dad's house the other day and passed a lake where an alligator was sunning himself. I did the "alligator distress call" out the window and he walked right up to the car! For those of you who have never seen one in person, here's a close up!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3089/2733575864_c78179edbe.jpg

chloe92us
7th August 2008, 10:42 PM
So, here is another one of my favorite animals, besides the Cavalier! This gopher is probably 50 years old. Turtles are amazing creatures and this particular one is endagered. In southwest Florida, you see them all the time but their reproduction rate is so slow they are being killed faster than they can reproduce.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2388/2492626262_f62a57a6a4.jpg

ice-cavi
7th August 2008, 10:48 PM
:eek: I would freak out! I have only seen gators behind bars:)
The turtle is not so scary though ,just cute:)

littlelady
7th August 2008, 11:28 PM
OMG i would have freaked out if i seen an alligator:eek: dont mind the turtle:-p

angelmommy
8th August 2008, 07:17 AM
i love gators and crocs... only reason im glad i dont live near them is because i dont want them snacking on my furbiess :) awesome animals though... hey your from the gulf coast?? so are you near the alabama gulf coast zoo? aka the little zoo that could? patty is such an inspiration i would love to work there but dont think i ever will :( lol

chloe92us
8th August 2008, 04:11 PM
No, we're in southwest florida, about a 10 hour drive to the alabama coast...

hbmama
8th August 2008, 08:53 PM
Hi Trisha! My folks lived in Port Charlotte, Florida for years. We would spend every summer there (until a few years ago when they moved back to California.) I loved seeing all the wildlife, including the 'gators. They lived on a brackish water canal that flowed into Charlotte Harbor, and we had a regular zoo in there backyard. We saw bobcat, raccoons, gopher tortoises, alligators, and lots of seabirds. I LOVE Southwest Florida!! You are fortunate to live there.

chloe92us
8th August 2008, 09:54 PM
They probably lived in South Gulf Cove? Haha, I live about 5 minutes from there, in Rotonda. Yes, the wildlife is abundant around here!