• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anal glands

littlelady

Hi, I had rubys glands done 2 weeks ago after she had them done she had runs i done chick and rice for her!! well here i am again she is rubbing her bum across the floor! I know if i go 2moz my lovely vet will want to remove her glands! what do i do? karlin i need your input i know u r fab with cavs!!! i am so stuck.x

This breed tends to scoot regardless of whether they have empty anal glands or not. For some dogs, scooting is an SM symptom -- my Leo will jump as if startled, look around, scoot, then face rub and scratch vigorously all in such a way that he is is pretty clearly annoyed with some sort SM related sensations. But other dogs just seem to scoot.

If the glands were just done I'd not worry about it.

With cavaliers, I have found almost no relationship between full anal glands and scooting, at least in my group. They will all scoot occasionally, even when they have recently been emptied.

I get a bit worried cos i know they can have infections in them, ruby has just come into season so that might have been why she was scooting, thanks for your reply i will leave her and see how she is.:p

Back