• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Blueberrifields forever!

ice-cavi

Summer is coming to an end, wich is sad but the good news is that we can pick ripe and sweet blueberries at this time of year:)

20080810163019_13.jpg

Elja LOOOOVES blueberries...and she ate a ton..just like last year!

20080810164706_13.jpg

Stealing berries from my kids too...
20080810163934_3.jpg

Also its lovely to just run as fast as you can in the blueberrifields!
20080810163727_0.jpg

And its great to pretend you rule the blueberri-world too!
20080810163810_1.jpg

Pretty stuffed now:)
20080810164356_9.jpg

Content after a good day of picking bluberries
20080810164103_5.jpg

As always, beautiful pictures! My dogs all love blueberries too --as do I, yum! -- but how very lucky to be able to pick wild ones yourself! Elja clearly enjoyed herself with your children. :)

I always take a mini vacation when I look at your pictures!! We had just picked a ton of fresh blueberries and blackberries at my folks in South Carolina. Nothing better than fresh berries!! Elja looks so content!

Your pictures are always so beautiful! :luv: I would love to visit your part of the world someday! I find the sun and sand to be quite boring at times.

Hi Justine:)
No, not quite but almost though. In december the sun will come upp maybe around 10:30 /11 and go down again around 3 o´clock so almost :)
Instead we get almost 24 hours of sunlight in the summertime (y)

As Im not Icelandic ,it took some time to get used to the winterdarkness but now I think it´s kind of cozy. It gives me a chance to use the firelace more often and light lots and lots of candles :)
Also Icelanders are known for their love of christmas-lights outside in their windows ,gardens etc and that does make the the winter darkness very "pretty" and fairytale-like.
The northern light is also very special and makes the darkness wortwhile too;)

Your pictures are always so beautiful! :luv: I would love to visit your part of the world someday! I find the sun and sand to be quite boring at times.
We should switch houses for a few weeks in january,hahawould love some of that sunny Florida then!:cool:

I had some lovely blueberries tonight and I was saying I'd like to grow them but I didn't know if the plant looked nice. I will definately get some now I know what they look like. Lovely pics of Elja.

Your pictures are amazing. As much as I love to see your beautiful Ruby Elja, I also enjoy seeing the scenery of Iceland. Your children are very cute as well. :)

I sound like an echo by now after all the previous posts, but your Elja and your kids are beautiful. You take nice photos. Iceland looks gorgeous, and already cold judging by the dress! Here, we are still sweltering and running the A/C 24 hours a day. The radio said this morning that it would be "cool" today, with a high of 89. I suppose that will feel cool after all our high 90's.

It´s still pretty hot upp here(thanks to global warming!:rolleyes:) we have about 15-20 degrees ,but theese pics are taken way upp in the mountains and it´s allways a bit windy upp there ;)

Duncan here,

HMMMMMMMMMM, blueberries. I loooooooooove blueberries too and I would love to be in Elja's place eating them all day long with my family. Ruby always said if I ate too many though, I would turn blue instead of red, like Elja and I are now. :eek: I don't really believe her and it looks like Elja has proven her wrong. Elja is so pretty and the photo's are so very nice. I really want to come to Iceland now. Next time I'm in the back seat of the car on the way to the treat store, I'm going to pop up and suggest to Ruby and Sydney that we take a road trip to Iceland. Can Cavaliers come to Iceland for a visit or are visiting dogs not allowed? Have fun Elja and enjoy the rest of your summer. PS: Can you send me some blueberries?

Ruby and Sydney and Duncan in Virginia :paw:

Back