PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

Seaborne
11th August 2008, 11:30 PM
Hello to everyone--I've just joined, but have been reading Karlin's excellent SM information for years.

I live in Houston (where we're at the peak of our miserable summer heat right now) and share my life with my husband, nearly-adult sons, and two Cavaliers: Chloe and Raven. I've been very involved with and "owned" by the breed for ten years. There really isn't another breed quite like ours, and I am hopelessly smitten. :dogwlk: As such, I am also extremely concerned with current health issues in the breed; I'm fervently hoping that in the not-too-distant future, we'll have genetic markers (for starters) to work with! Too many of us, myself included, have been touched by conditions like MVD and SM in our dogs, and the pain is so profound.

I'm looking forward to meeting you in the forums, and special thanks to Karlin for creating this site.
--
Warmly,
Robyn

Elaine 2
12th August 2008, 01:13 AM
icon_welcome Hi Robyn and welcome

hbmama
12th August 2008, 01:43 AM
Hi Robyn, and welcome to the forum! I am sorry you have had to experience SM and MVD with your precious Cavaliers. This board is such a wealth of information and a good place to meet and discuss issues revolving around these wonderful dogs. I learn something new every day that I log in!

Seaborne
12th August 2008, 03:59 AM
Hi, Elaine and Marianne, and thanks! :dogwlk:
--
Robyn

hbmama
12th August 2008, 04:47 AM
Oh, I went to your homepage. It is so well done with lots of wonderful information and photos. Your dogs are absolutely stunning!

Sue.k
12th August 2008, 09:53 AM
Hello and Welcome from Ireland, going to have a look at your home page now

coconut
12th August 2008, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the board.

Shelli
12th August 2008, 12:47 PM
Hi Robyn, icon_welcome

ice-cavi
12th August 2008, 01:15 PM
Welcome from Iceland Robyn:)You´ll love this board:thmbsup:

Jasperxxgabby
12th August 2008, 11:10 PM
Hi and welcome us in rainy Wales.

Seaborne
13th August 2008, 12:28 AM
Oh, I went to your homepage. It is so well done with lots of wonderful information and photos. Your dogs are absolutely stunning!

Thanks, Marianne--:dogwlk: I appreciate it. I was hoping it'd be informative...and can I just say that this little trotting-dog smilie is too cute? I'm probably going to wear it out. <VVBG>

Seaborne
13th August 2008, 12:32 AM
Sue, Coconut, Shelli, Ice-Cavi, and Jasperxxgabby--thanks. I'm already enjoying the discussion boards--there's so much useful info here. (Not to mention nice people.)
--
Best,

Cathy T
13th August 2008, 02:00 AM
Wow Robyn! Excellent website. I just had a brief look at it and am looking forward to reading it in depth tomorrow. You have so much excellent information and in such a straight forward manner. Welcome. I can already tell it's going to be a real pleasure having you as part of our community.

Mom of Jato
13th August 2008, 03:49 AM
icon_welcome I just viewed your website, and it is very nice. You have beautiful dogs, and I enjoyed looking at Chloe's litter as they grew up. You have lots of really good information listed too. :thmbsup: