• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Texas

Seaborne

Hello to everyone--I've just joined, but have been reading Karlin's excellent SM information for years.

I live in Houston (where we're at the peak of our miserable summer heat right now) and share my life with my husband, nearly-adult sons, and two Cavaliers: Chloe and Raven. I've been very involved with and "owned" by the breed for ten years. There really isn't another breed quite like ours, and I am hopelessly smitten. :dogwlk: As such, I am also extremely concerned with current health issues in the breed; I'm fervently hoping that in the not-too-distant future, we'll have genetic markers (for starters) to work with! Too many of us, myself included, have been touched by conditions like MVD and SM in our dogs, and the pain is so profound.

I'm looking forward to meeting you in the forums, and special thanks to Karlin for creating this site.
--
Warmly,
Robyn

Hi Robyn, and welcome to the forum! I am sorry you have had to experience SM and MVD with your precious Cavaliers. This board is such a wealth of information and a good place to meet and discuss issues revolving around these wonderful dogs. I learn something new every day that I log in!

Oh, I went to your homepage. It is so well done with lots of wonderful information and photos. Your dogs are absolutely stunning!

Website

Oh, I went to your homepage. It is so well done with lots of wonderful information and photos. Your dogs are absolutely stunning!

Thanks, Marianne--:dogwlk: I appreciate it. I was hoping it'd be informative...and can I just say that this little trotting-dog smilie is too cute? I'm probably going to wear it out. <VVBG>

Thank you all!

Sue, Coconut, Shelli, Ice-Cavi, and Jasperxxgabby--thanks. I'm already enjoying the discussion boards--there's so much useful info here. (Not to mention nice people.)
--
Best,

Wow Robyn! Excellent website. I just had a brief look at it and am looking forward to reading it in depth tomorrow. You have so much excellent information and in such a straight forward manner. Welcome. I can already tell it's going to be a real pleasure having you as part of our community.

icon_welcome I just viewed your website, and it is very nice. You have beautiful dogs, and I enjoyed looking at Chloe's litter as they grew up. You have lots of really good information listed too. (y)

Back