PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Tandie

cecily
16th August 2008, 06:56 PM
It is with deepest sadness we had to bid farewell to our beautiful ruby girl, Tandie.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cecilymurray/lovelytandie.jpg

Tandie came to us almost two years ago as a rescue through Karlin. We'll be ever grateful for the time we had with her. She had an estimated grade 4 murmer when we got her, but was ever energetic, lively and playful, right to the end. She was put on fortekor a while ago at the first sign of symptoms, but never really fully responded despite eventually being on 4 types of medication. A trip to the cardiologist showed a very enlarged heart, and a grade 5 murmer. She was in good form right up until Thursday night when she first appeared ill. She was taken to the vet first thing Friday morning, and she got an injection to help the fluid on her lungs and in her stomach. She was peaceful and sleeping all day Friday, still wagging her tail, still good natured. She eventually passed on in her sleep, with Dougal lying beside her.

She will be sadly missed by both Billy and myself, and her other half, Dougal.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cecilymurray/tandiedougal.jpg

Some of our favourite memories of Tandie (of which there are too many to mention, but I'll try and do a highlights!)

1. The way she would curl her lip when decidedly unimpressed about something, like when she was wet, being groomed or being made to wait for some food. And most definately when playing in the snow.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cecilymurray/P1030046.jpg

2. Her bloodthirstyness for animals smaller than her; be they cats or lobsters
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cecilymurray/2007_09Lobster00003-2.jpg http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cecilymurray/poorflea.jpg

3. Her love of new experiences, always relaxed or excited. Never frightened. She loved boats, cows, donkeys and the nearby woods.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cecilymurray/Resized_walkies00060.jpg

4. Her charm, her lovingness towards us and dougal. The way she always loved to sit beside me with her head in my lap.

We miss you Tandie.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cecilymurray/Resized_Dougal00022.jpg

Shelli
16th August 2008, 07:03 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug:
Cecily, I am in tears reading your post. This must be such a sad time for you and your family, but at least you have so many happy memories from your years together.

Run free Tandie in the glorious sunshine at Rainbow Bridge *ng*l

*Pauline*
16th August 2008, 07:30 PM
What a beautiful tribute to a sweet little girl. I'm glad you had those two years together. It's very clear from the way you speak about her that you loved each other dearly. :hug::flwr:

Jasperxxgabby
16th August 2008, 07:43 PM
So very, very sorry to hear about Tandie, it is obvious from these pictures and earlier posts what she meant to you, and what you all meant to her, my sincere thoughts are with you at this very sad time:flwr::luv:

Cleo's Person
16th August 2008, 07:48 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear Tandie has passed on. It is so clear from your post how much she was loved and how she was such a big part of your family. I'm glad that she got to spend her last few years in a home where she was loved and cherished. My thoughts are with you and yours at this time. :hug: :hug:

Mary
16th August 2008, 07:55 PM
I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing such wonderful memories of sweet Tandie. She and you are so blessed to have journeyed together for a time in each others lives.

Cathy Moon
16th August 2008, 07:58 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of little Tandie. :hug: So glad she got to spend her last 2 years being loved by you and your family. :lotsaluv: Thanks for sharing your happy memories and photos of her. Please give Dougal an extra hug from us. :flwr:

pippa
16th August 2008, 08:18 PM
Oh Cecily..I am so sad reading this. I remember when you first got her..such a sweet little girl..She was well loved.

brid kenny
16th August 2008, 08:19 PM
Oh Cecily, I am soooo sorry to read this. I had a great week with her when I fostered her just before she went to you.
You all must be devastated. She was a gorgeous dog. A little "Sweety".

Here are a few photos of the time she was with me:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/bridkenny/PA090033.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/bridkenny/PA090032.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/bridkenny/PA080031.jpg

cecily
16th August 2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts.

And thanks so much Brid for posting those photos of Tandie! Those pics were the first I'd ever seen of her. She came to us happy and relaxed so she obviously enjoyed her week with you and Phoebe also! :)

karenc
16th August 2008, 09:08 PM
So sorry to read of your sad loss. What a sweetie Tandy looked. God bless her. Play happy and healthy at the Bridge little one.

Cathy T
16th August 2008, 09:13 PM
Oh gosh Cecily....I'm so very sorry to hear about Tandie. Your words about her were so moving. I'm so glad she didn't go through any long suffering but was able to pass peacefully in her sleep with Dougal by her side. How wonderful for her to spend the past 2 years being surrounded by your love.

Rest in peace Tandie.

Claire L
16th August 2008, 09:14 PM
Cecily and Billy, I'm so sorry to read such sad news :cry*ing:
Tandie was such a beautiful little girl and her time with you was too short :( Please know that you Billy and little Dougal are in our thoughts at this very sad time :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

ice-cavi
16th August 2008, 09:31 PM
:hug:I shed a tear after reading your beautyful tribute to beautyful Tandie.
She must have been a lovely dog in every way. Im glad to hear that she was able to wag her tail all the way to the end, she must have been very very happy with her life and family.
:hug::flwr:
RIP Tandie.

Nicki
16th August 2008, 09:41 PM
oh Cecily I'm so very sorry to read this sad news.

Tandie was beautiful, she was so full of life and your tribute was very moving - and so fitting.

I'm glad she had two wonderful years with you, thank you for giving her all that love and care that she had previously missed out upon.

You know that this dreadful raw pain eases in time and you can look back and remember the happy times, cuddle Dougal close, and know that we are all thinking of you. :flwr:

Ste
16th August 2008, 10:28 PM
Billy and Cecily, I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember Tandie from when she was on homes needed and also meeting her at the cavalier workshop, she was a beautiful little girl :( I hope Dougal isn't feeling too lost without his big sister.

Rest in peace Tandie :flwr:

littlelady
16th August 2008, 10:34 PM
So sorry to read this, thinking of you:flwr:

merlinsmum
16th August 2008, 11:02 PM
Cecily, I'm so sorry to hear about Tandie, she was a special girl.. A special girl that passed with her best friend beside her. Run free Tandie in the big field in the sky, Aggie and Rio will comfort you:paw:

Alison_Leighfield
16th August 2008, 11:25 PM
Dear Cecily,

I'm thinking of you sweetheart, cuddle Dougal close he will comfort you.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Alison xxx

brotymo
17th August 2008, 05:16 AM
Cecily,

So sorry you have lost a beloved member of your family. The amount of time with her is not relevant to the amount of love you had for her. Losing my Pixie after only 10 short months taught me that.

She was obviously very loved and she knew it. I know you must have some relief that she passed peacefully in her sleep.

Hugs to you and your family in the coming days and weeks as you grieve and begin to heal. :hug:

Lani
17th August 2008, 01:25 PM
Cecily, I am so sad to read your post.:cry*ing:

I remember when little Tandie came to you ... it is so sad that her time with you was cut short. She was truly a lucky girl to have you in her life after her rescue. She sounds like such a wonderful Cavalier.

You, Billy & Dougal are in my thoughts at this sad time. :hug:

Louise1823
17th August 2008, 06:33 PM
Im so sorry to hear about your beautiful Tandie - she was lucky to have had you as such loving owners during her short time here.

Thinking of you all during this heartbreaking time :hug:

frecklesmom
17th August 2008, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your Tandie, you must miss her very much. I'm sure she absorbed all your love like a sponge, she seemed like such a joy. :paw:

Elaine 2
17th August 2008, 10:19 PM
I'm so sorry to read about Tandie, you're in my thoughts

Mom of Jato
18th August 2008, 06:49 AM
So sorry to read of your loss. Tandie was so lucky to have the love you gave to her. She was a beautiful little Ruby girl as the pictures you posted of her showed this. :hug:

Karlin
18th August 2008, 12:28 PM
I was so saddened to hear that Tandie had passed away. She was a fantastic little girl and I can reveal now, was spirited out of a situation where she was probably being used for breeding, by ignorant people who left her alone in a house they moved out of, and she escaped -- or such was their line. She was in full heat when picked up at a roundabout by a passerby, where she was nearly hit by several cars.

That horrible start set her on a path to a lovely new life. She went to Brid as a foster and then on to Cecily and Billy, where she was intensely interested in the cat from the moment she arrived (that pic of the cat on the curtain rail had me laughing out loud!). She was such a pretty little thing and so sweet.

It is a blessing that she passed away so quietly in a home she loved, with Dougal beside her.

It broke my heart when we got the heart report on her after she had her first vet check, as she was only age 3 or 4 to start with, already with a very loud murmur. Her death at such a young age is a tragedy that responsible breeding would minimise -- she should have had twice as many years with her new family.

But likewise, I hope Cecily's story of just how fulfilling all the time she had with Tandie is inspiring to people who might be thinking about, but a little wary of rescue cavaliers or those with a known heart issue. I know we all feel every day with our cavaliers is precious and they are especially precious with those who may not be able to be with us as long but have so much to give.

Cecily and her husband never wavered in their commitment to Tandie even on her first diagnosis with such a murmur and Tandie got to live life to the full. What a wonderful story for everyone that this was the case. :flwr:

Laranna
18th August 2008, 02:38 PM
Dear Cecily,
I am so sorry to read about your terribly sad loss of your beautiful little Tandie!! You are in my thoughts!! I know exactly what you are going through right now, I also unfortunately lost one of my lovely girls last July, which really was awful, the pain is at times still unbearable! Be strong.....Tandie will always be by your side....never forget!!!:paw:

Lynn
18th August 2008, 03:40 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl she was and how lucky she was to have found happiness in her short life. I'm sure that heaven is a whole lot brighter with Tandie there. Your tribute to her was very touching. I hope time eases the pain of your loss.

amanda L
18th August 2008, 04:19 PM
Cecily, I am so sorry to read about the loss of your little girl Tandie. I remember when she first came to you. She was a beautiful little girl.

Thinking of you :flwr::hug:

Sue.k
18th August 2008, 06:09 PM
I am so sorry, you are in my thoughts :(

Sandrac
19th August 2008, 11:38 AM
So sorry to hear of your sad loss. Tandie will be forever in your hearts.

arasara
21st August 2008, 09:11 AM
Oh Cecily :( :hug::hug::hug:

I am SO sorry to hear of sweet Tandie's passing. :( I'm so thankful that she was homed with you. . . it was evident how much you loved her and helped her live her life to the fullest. :lotsaluv:

May her memories comfort you and your family (Dougal included!) in your time of sorrow :hug::hug:

Run free at the bridge, sweet and lovely Tandie :flwr::lotsaluv:*ng*l

sins
21st August 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this. Thankfully she spent her last two years living a happy and carefree life right to the very end. I know it's hard right now but you have done a wonderful thing for this little girl and I've no doubt there will be many more tandies.
Sins

Lisa_T
23rd August 2008, 03:10 AM
Oh, I'm so desperately sorry to hear this, Cecily. Tandie was such a lovely girl, and one of my favourite photos of her is the one where and she and Holly are sitting nose to nose with one another in a staring competition. I'll see if it's on flickr and if not upload it. She was such a happy girl, and it must be a consolation that at least she was her cheerful self for so long.

Thoughts are with you and Dougal, who must be very confused!

Justine
23rd August 2008, 09:14 PM
Ahhhh i am so sorry.Love Jus.

cecily
23rd August 2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks to everybody for the kind words and support. She was such a light in our life, and it's that little bit duller without her here. We miss her terribly but I think she's peaceful now and in no more pain.

Lisa I know exactly the picture you mean. :D We really enjoyed bringing her up to meet Holly and Amber. I'd love to see recent pics of them.

Lisa_T
24th August 2008, 09:13 PM
Here it is:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/120/280167898_972e88d925_o.jpg

That was a special day in many ways - for me, it was a relief to see that Holly was capable of getting on with other dogs, because I hadn't had Amber for very long at that point, and Holly was still at the "send that thing home" stage. Seeing her with Tandie reassured me that I'd done the right thing.

brid kenny
24th August 2008, 10:52 PM
Gorgeous!!

Chelle & Rex
26th August 2008, 02:50 AM
So sorry to hear about Tandie :hug:
and Lisa thats a gorgeous pic :)

Lisa_T
26th August 2008, 11:48 AM
I think Cecily took that one actually! LOL.

team bella
26th August 2008, 03:14 PM
Just sat here is tears reading about poor Tandy. She's so much like my little Bella who also has a heart murmer and she's just 2. Seeing the pictures of Tandy just made me cry. You were both so lucky to have found each other and shared some wonderful times. She'll always be with you.

Maxxs_Mummy
5th September 2008, 12:02 AM
Oh Cecily,

I am so very, very sorry to hear about Tandie. I have only just read this thread. I remember when she first came to you after being with Brid and all the joy she brought you.

Cuddle little Dougal close and think of the good times. Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts.

Much love and mnay hugs

Donna, Maxx and Charlie xxxxx