• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lucy went yesterday to her new adoptive home

Hi everyone,
Little Lucy went to her new adoptive home yesterday. She went to an older couples home. They have another female dog (Aussie mix) that is about a sheltie size. So she has a big sister to look up to. The husband works from 1.30 pm to 10pm the wife works from 7am to 4pm so the dogs are never long home alone. She gets her daily walks that she got used to since being at my house and after doing the house inspection and talking to the lady for about 2 hours I was okay with taking her to her new home.
She lives about 15 drive away from me so I hope I can stay in touch with her. Lucy was an awesome little dog very nosy, a little skittish (she was a puppymill breeder) but got over her fears and was very cuddly. I also thought she was about 3 years old when I got her she was so spunky last week I found out she was about 6 years old. It was a kick to me to think that for 6 years she was stuck in a cage (GGGRRR). She fit great into our family with my 2 dogs. She had no fear of them and when they layed in their beds she just squiezed right in with them and snuggled up to them.
She is a little chowhound and loves her 2 square meals a day. They all got fed together 3 in a row and she was just awesome. I can see myself taking in another cavalier some day from our Mill dog rescue.
Thank you for all your info.
Elke, ZsaZsa, Bogart and little Lucy now at her new home.

Elke, that's a wonderful thing you have done for Lucy. :flwr: What a lucky girl to get to adjust to life outside a puppy mill cage with you and your two lovely dogs. I hope you won't miss her too much, that you'll get to see her again, and that she adjusts quickly to her forever home. :lotsaluv:

That's great news for Lucy!! Hope she'll be so happy in her new home. Isn't it amazing that you can see her as 3 years old and then find out she's actually twice that old?? Sounds like a spunky little girl!

oh that's wonderful news, bless her heart.

I hope one day you will have the pleasure of another Cavalier - thank you for all you did for Lucy.

That's great news for Lucy!! Hope she'll be so happy in her new home. Isn't it amazing that you can see her as 3 years old and then find out she's actually twice that old?? Sounds like a spunky little girl!

First hour I had her at my house she was doing the zoomies around my yard running circles around me and play bowed in front of me. I had 2 small steps going from the deck into the yard and she would just take a leap up and down those steps. She is an awesome little dog. I have big dogs in comparison and she was right in between them wanting to play with my golden. When they layed on the dogbed she would squish herself herself in there with them snuggling. She is a foodhog too and would go up on her hindlegs trying to get the treat before my other dog would get it. Big dog in a little package.
I hope also that I can take in another Cavalier some day. I know the rescue gets in alot of them.
Elke, ZsaZsa, Bogart and little Lucy at he new adoptive home

That's great news! It is always a little hard saying goodbye, isn't it? It sure sounds like she was in a happy, welcoming place while she adjusted to life outside a cage. I know the idea of any dog spending its life in a cage is so depressing; but now she can focus on a life of fun and play and companionship ahead. Thanks for taking in that little foster! :flwr:

Back