• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Finningan

rugbymom

Hi my name is Kathy and I own 3 pets. A french lop rabbit named Misty. He is litter box trained and is free to roam about the house within reason. Murphy, a six month old English Mastiff puppy and Finnigan, a year old Cavalier.

I purchaseed Finnigan from a private breeder. They bought Finn's parents in England. He does look more like an English Cavalier than the American version. He is a Blenheim. He is very friendly, sociable, loving and cuddly.

I have one major problem with him. He won't defecate in his own yard. I could have him out there for an hour and he won't go. He will have an accident in the house, if I don't take him on a mile long trek to a wooded area behind my house. I don't always have the time to take him on these long poop walks. I have kids to school and work to get to myself. I take him to the woods every evening. Why can't I get him to go right away?
All I have to do is say to my Mastiff is "go potty" and he performs.
Finn could be in mid squat and decide he doesn't like the spot and then hold it for another 20 minutes before he finds the right spot. He had this problem before the Mastiff came along.

The yard is cleaned up every couple of days. He is good health and eats a healthy diet.

He is so fussy. If the Mastiff drinks from the water bowl and leaves a little drool on the side, Finn won't drink from the bowl. He would rather get a drink from the sink.

I should have called him prince because he certainly acts like one.

Hi and icon_welcome to you all.
Jasper will rarely poo! in the garden either, (only if he has an upset stomach and is desperate to go,) he generally goes on his walks, unlike Gabby who will poo! in the garden no problem, or on her walks:) mind you neither will poo on demand! Both mine are quite fussy, I think its part of their endearing qualities:luv:

Back