• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Post neuter question

vicarrieous

Kip and Albie both got neuter last Thursday and for the most part had little to no issues, except Kip had licked his wound quite a bit before we picked him up from the vet.

Since then we have kept a close eye on him and there has been little to no licking down there.

Albie's testicles (or lack there of) look a little dry but mainly just deflated while Kip's look much more dry and even somewhat cracked. I knew his were going to take longer to heal due to his excessive licking but is the dryness and cracking normal? There is no discharge or open wounds on the area but it does look like bad dry skin. Is this a result of his initial licking or should I be concerned?:confused:

did you check with your vet?
I'm not sure, but I know when dougal got his done there didn't appear to be much dryness, that I noticed. But then he also didn't lick them hardly at all.

Well done Kip and Albie on being over the op! You have a mean mommy ;)

I didnt but I think I will call tomorrow to make sure. I am sure they are sick of me by now.

Lol they sure did make me feel like a mean mommy! I never felt so much guilt!

post-neuter

As I mentioned before, my boys had their's done nearly 2 weeks ago. My B/T's looked dry and scally, then overnight (quite literally) disappeared. My ruby's never looked dry, then totally disappeared too. Neither of mine licked their (or each others') wounds, so I can't attribute that to they dry look. My sister, who is a nurse, said that for the first week, they looked like old man testicles (sorry if too graphic, but that's what they should look like at this stage!). I'd still check with the vet.

I just got off the phone with the vet and said he is probably chapped from his licking and suggested putting some hydrocortizone cream on it when we are around and watch so that he doesnt lick it off. If he doesnt soften up and get better in a few days we might have to go back in.

Any one ever heard of this?

. My sister, who is a nurse, said that for the first week, they looked like old man testicles (sorry if too graphic, but that's what they should look like at this stage!). .

;)How would a "non nurse" person know what old man testicles looked like?:eek:icon_blshing

Back