• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pedigree Dogs Exposed link on YouTube

watched this last night and it brought tears to my eyes, shocking to see people justifying such appalling treatment of dogs, listening to the todayfm radio program it was reassuring to hear the IKC want to encourage screening

I watched it yesterday. This was in many ways no less appalling to me than the puppy mill auction I protested. The beliefs and attitudes of the breeders and kennel club were shocking when contrasted against the suffering of the dogs and their families.

Hopefully the show has educated enough people that now the kennel clubs and breeders will be forced to step up and make many needed changes such as only registering puppies from sires and dams who were properly tested and not closely related.

I hope there will be breed health registries viewable to the public and to breeders who want to find other breeders who are properly screening their dogs and following protocols.

Ultimately, I hope the day will come when dog breeders are made to be financially responsible for the dogs they breed, rather than letting families foot the bill for avoidable diseases.

I just wanted to say that I just watched this on YouTube and it has got to be the saddest thing I have ever seen. I really didn't realize how serious this was until now. I now understand more why NOT to buy from a pupply mill and a reputable breeder. I hope they are able to correct this problem soon!! :(

I have also seen the film:(
If I understood it right, they ment the heartproblems are the same!
That can´t be right! You never hear about young cavaliers with heartproblems any moore......
But the sm, scares me! So much pain for ar small loving dog!
Sometimes a beautiful look is moore important than a good health!!!!??????

Going by the dogs I have coming through rescue, the heart problems are exactly the same. About half of all cavaliers I get age three or over already have murmurs. The UK club's statistics for dogs it itself tests also haven't changed (and I am sure the Irish stats haven't changed! Almost no one cardiologist tests here so they don't even get accurate figures anyway) -- it is still 50% by age 5-6. Hopefully some clubs elsewhere that have more stringent requirements for heart testing, and better voluntary compliance, are improving those numbers. But a look through the pedigrees online or the puppy gazette for the clubs will reveal plenty of dogs from well known kennels (the ones also selling the export dogs) breed way, way outside the heart protocol. Consistently people try to say this is a puppy mill or BYB issue yet prominent breeder obviously ignore the protocol too and the evidence is easy to find.

Back