• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

For the first time ever Amber.....

CavyMom

PLAYED WITH ANOTHER DOG! I can't believe it, I've had Amber since December, she's always gotten along with other dogs, but she's just kind of done her own thing, she's never shown any interest in interacting with other dogs. She's always gotten excited when she's seen other cavaliers, but never actually played with any of them, if one of them tried to initiate the play, she'd just ignore them and go on doing her own thing. Well, bringing Star home has been the best thing for Amber, for the first time since I've gotten her, she's actually started showing interest in another dog, she's been mothering Star, she'd tolerate Star's puppy antics, she'd show Star the ropes - but when Star wanted to play, she'd just lay down and patiently allow Star to do what ever she wanted to her, or go find a toy and give it to Star - Well, last night, AMBER initiated a romp and wrestle session with Star!! It really made my day to see Amber rolling around on the floor wrestling with the baby, barking at her when she wasn't done playing yet and the puppy was getting tired, and then they curled up together to take a nap when it was all over :lotsaluv: It's funny how something so small can make you feel so good!!! I think getting a 2nd cavalier was the best decision I ever could have made for Amber's sake!! She just seems all around to be a much happier dog now that we have another cavalier in our home!!!!

That's so nice!

Sasha doesn't really "play" with other dogs, and in fact doesn't seem very interested in them. This wouldn't be a problem except that we need to board her occasionally. Recently we've been bringing her to the boarder more often (it's a woman who watches small dogs), and she seems to be interacting more with the other dogs, though still not "playing".

I know if we got a second dog, Sasha would be much more socially adjusted, but I'm really not ready for another dog!

Wow that's great! She's really beginning to come into her own. It sounds like she will flourish with Star around. Thanks for sharing.

I'll have to get one!!! I've got so many on my camera right now, I'm just having problems getting my computer and my camera to sinc so I can download them, I'll have to put more effort into fixing that problem!!!

Its so exciting when that happens, I couldnt believe it when Lucy done it first, Prince just has to learn how to play now :p

Dottie didn't really play much either until after she was spayed at just under a year old. Now we have "puppy play days" with my friends who have friendly dogs, and they enjoy racing around the yard.

I am so glad little Amber has discovered the excitement of play! Isn't it great to watch them having fun?!

Dottie didn't really play much either until after she was spayed at just under a year old. Now we have "puppy play days" with my friends who have friendly dogs, and they enjoy racing around the yard.

I am so glad little Amber has discovered the excitement of play! Isn't it great to watch them having fun?!
It sure is, nothing chears me up like seeing Amber so happy and carefree! She's such a great dog, my cavalier friends worked on me for years before I was finally able to get Amber, and now they're laughing because within a year I added a 2nd cav, and I'm hopelessly in love with the breed! Who could help falling in love with that sweet face?

Back