PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Dora!

cecily
23rd August 2008, 09:47 PM
We're really delighted to announce that Dora has come to stay with us! She is a beautiful tiny little blenheim girl, rather timid at the moment but I think she'll settle in just fine. A big thank you to Karlin for placing her with us, and sallymum, noelle and sins who have clearly done a stellar job looking after her.

We picked her up today and although she can be easily spooked she's very curious and affectionate. She has the most expressive little ears that go up and down! We stopped for a wee in the Phoenix park on the way home and she had a little jog by the stream and even got excited and tried to jump up on Dougal. She's had a good meal and is relaxing with a full belly on the couch beside me.

Dougal wasn't entirely sure what the story was with her, coming home in the car. He's used to meeting other dogs out and about. However when she actually came into the house with us he got really excited and started dancing in circles (a move he normally reserves for a tasty treat). He's tried to play with her a little and Dora has started following him about. I think they'll be good friends very soon.

I'm going to post some photos in the gallery now, but here's a preview :D
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cecilymurray/DSCF1421.jpg
Dougal looks like the incredible hulk beside her :lol:

brid kenny
23rd August 2008, 09:49 PM
Oh Cecily. She's gorgeous. I'm so happy for you all!!
She's a lucky girl going to your house.
How's she coping with the cat??!!

cecily
23rd August 2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks Brid. We're delighted to have her :D :D

I'm afraid Flea ended up moving house about two or maybe 3 months after we got Tandie. He couldn't take the stress of living with a cat hater. We had literally tried everything... treating her when he was near, praising the calm behaviour etc etc but we never had more than a very uneasy peace. A pity because Dougal loved him!!

sins
23rd August 2008, 10:12 PM
Awww, she's a sweetheart! I've no doubt that she'll have many happy and wonderful years with you. I'm especially thrilled to hear she had her walk in the phoenix park with Dougal. You'll save a fortune on home heating bills this year cos you'll never get her off your lap:p.It's hard to describe how tiny she is.Anyone who's ever met our Daisy remarks on how tiny she is.Dora is at least two inches smaller and makes Daisy appear buffaloesque. Congrats again and let us know how she progresses over the coming weeks.
Sins

Nicki
23rd August 2008, 10:23 PM
Oh congratulations and thank you so much for opening your hearts to another wee soul in need.

She's beautiful, and I'm sure she will settle well with you. I hope that Dougal has brightened up with having a new companion.

Cathy Moon
24th August 2008, 12:56 AM
She has the sweetest, most expressive little face. :lotsaluv: Congrats on your new little one. I hope Dougal becomes close friends with her soon.:flwr:

Cathy T
24th August 2008, 01:07 AM
You just brought the biggest smile to my face!! I loved reading about Dora. She sounds wonderful and it sounds like Dougal is going to love his new buddy. She's precious.

Alison_Leighfield
24th August 2008, 07:49 AM
Told you if it was meant to be that it would happen! :) :) :) one would find the way to your door.

I'm so very happy for you x

Alison.

karenc
24th August 2008, 12:59 PM
Dora is just so sweet I just want to plant a kiss on thet nose. Lucky both of you. Wishing many many long happy years together.:)

pippa
24th August 2008, 01:26 PM
So happy to hear that Dora has come to live with you...she looks beautiful I hope her and Dougal will become firm friends.

Ste
24th August 2008, 04:24 PM
Congratulations :rah: She's :lotsaluv:

Claire L
24th August 2008, 07:05 PM
:jump: That was fast!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

She is a little darling. I'm delighted everything worked out for you. I'm sure Tandy would be happy to know that Dougal has a new playmate :lotsaluv:

Lisa_T
24th August 2008, 09:18 PM
Note to self: check all threads BEFORE PMing people, lol.

Cecily, that's great news. Dora is um, aDORAble. Such a sweet face. I'm sure Dougal is delighted to have a friend again!

*Pauline*
24th August 2008, 09:28 PM
However when she actually came into the house with us he got really excited and started dancing in circles (a move he normally reserves for a tasty treat).

Awwwwwwwwwwww! It's so lovely Karlin got Dougal some company so quickly and bless you for giving her a happy home :thmbsup:

cecily
25th August 2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah we're delighted to have Dora, and it's a big weight off my mind to have a doggie companion for Dougal. Naturally enough we still miss Tandie dreadfully, but Dougal is back to a normal pattern or eating and drinking and Dora is a joy to look after.

She's coming out of her shell bigtime and has now discovered the bed!! We took her for a walk yesterday and she met some people and some other dogs and did so very well. We were really proud of her. Actually she went nuts when she met another blenheim, and nearly wouldn't continue walking with us... Sinead, I think she maybe thought it was Daisy! She's extremely inquisitive and curious about everything. She still flinches at loud noises and big hands reaching towards her, but loves affection provided the hand is slow and gentle.

It was good to have Dougal on the walk because she followed him most of the time. Except when she tried to walk along beside him he'd "head her off". :lol: He used to do this with Tandie sometimes because he prefers to be in front. When walking side by side he veers to the left until the other dog is forced to drop behind slightly. icon_devil Apart from this he's been a model dog, patient and gentle and enjoying her company. We're proud of him.

Thanks for the nice messages everyone. Means a lot :flwr:

sins
25th August 2008, 11:43 AM
I'm very happy to see Dora settling so well.She's a total cuddlepup and I just loved the way she'd snuggle up on the couch and look up with those eyes!! I must admit I came very close to becoming a failed foster:lotsaluv:.
I can't believe the progress she's making with the walks,less than a week ago you could barely get a leash on her and she'd stick her rear end to the ground and refuse to move.You're working wonders with her.
It was a real novelty for me to have had such an affectionate cavalier,as for Daisy I think she's happy to be a solitary cavalier.
I know you have the ideal environment for her,no danger of Dora being challenged to any swordfights:rolleyes:
It's been a rewarding experience seeing her make so much progress.
Sins

cecily
25th August 2008, 01:35 PM
Sinead, I'm so glad you didn't become a failed foster!!! but you did an amazing job as a regular foster cl*p
You should have seen her today! I took her and Dougal out and I was a bit nervous because it was my first time bringing both of them on my own, but they were really good! She was super. Trotted along beside me for the most part, likes to stop to smell the roses a lot but comes running to catch up with us when she's called. It's hard to believe she was like that a week ago, but I take absolutely no credit for her amazing progress! I've only had her for two days, and you got her over all the difficult hurdles :dogwlk:

*Pauline*
25th August 2008, 02:52 PM
Except when she tried to walk along beside him he'd "head her off". :lol: He used to do this with Tandie sometimes because he prefers to be in front. When walking side by side he veers to the left until the other dog is forced to drop behind slightly. icon_devil Apart from this he's been a model dog, patient and gentle and enjoying her company. We're proud of him.

It's actually nice he's taking the lead, a trainer once told me a dog likes someone else to be in charge, it takes the pressure off.

Cleo's Person
25th August 2008, 03:15 PM
Really Pauline?! I never knew that. See Cecily you've raised a complete gentleman!:lotsaluv:

cecily
25th August 2008, 04:14 PM
:lol: :lol: Could the trainer have been talking about a human being in charge and not a bolshy alpha dog?? :D

*Pauline*
25th August 2008, 04:34 PM
Hmm...maybe! icon_nwunsure:rolleyes:

Chelle & Rex
26th August 2008, 12:19 AM
OMG she is soo adoreable she has the cutest face, its brill she's settling in so well and Dougal is getting back to himself:)
I'm sure she'll be very happy in her new home with her new big brother to take care of her :D

inca
26th August 2008, 12:24 AM
aww huge welcome to Dora she looks a sweetheart

merlinsmum
26th August 2008, 08:39 PM
Thats great news Dora has a new forever home:)