• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

URGENT: raid transport and help needed, WVa

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Crossposted with permission.

If you can help, email

kimberly_oliveAThotmail.com

replacing the AT with an @

See below, and then let me know if you are available to foster or help transport dogs. They will probably be released beginning Labor Day weekend. They may need additional
vetting so fostering might not begin until into September, but they need estimated numbers of how many we can handle ASAP.

There are 1,000 plus dogs that need placement and so far we know there are the following breeds:

Lots and lots of dacshunds - mini\'s included
King Charles Spaniels
English Toy Spaniels
Mini-Poodles
Schnauzers
Shih Tzu
Cockers
Maltese
Chinese Cresteds
Jack Russells
Pekes
Chihuahuas

This bust is a collaborative effort (HSUS, Dept of Agriculture, Best Friends and others) and the miller has released the dogs. As you can imagine 1,000 + dogs is quite overwhelming

The greatest volume of dogs is Doxies - 2nd greatest volume is English Toys and the 3rd greatest volume is Cavaliers, so we are going to have our hands full, folks. I hope to have some idea of the exact counts, but I suspect we are talking 100s. There are also Yorkies, Chinese Cresteds, Maltese.

We probably will need help getting dogs from Parkersburg, WV this next weekend and getting them to vets, etc. We will definitely need fosters ready for large numbers of dogs.

If you have other rescue contact for these breeds, tell them to contact the Parkersburg Humane Society to offer help.

Kim Olive
Indianapolis, Indiana

Video of raid.

These dogs are going to be going to a lots of different parts of the country so perhaps try talking to breed rescue or your local humane society/SPCA to see if you can be of help.

Oh my goodness! I hope I can help in some way, but we already have a foster dog for the past 5 weeks, and I don't think my husband would go for me having another one so soon, even if our current foster is re-homed this week.

Maybe they will call me for transport help...

I'm so happy for these poor dogs getting out of that awful situation! Bless all the people working so hard for them, too!

Hi Karlin,

I have been spreading the words out. One lady in our Washington/Maryland/Virgina Cavalier meetup group tried that e-mail a few times but was rejected. Do you have other contact information?

Thanks,

Bimmerguy

Edited: I just got e-mails from several other ladies from my meetup group, they were all able to get through to Kim Olive via the e-mail address.

Last edited:
My email went thru and got a response today. Wonder what happened. Maybe you could write out the email address, sometimes it's easy not to get something right esp. an understated line. ;)

There is a long story in the Washington Post this morning about that puppy mill in West Virginia. The mill owner agreed to release all the dogs and never run a dog breeding business again, but he is NOT going to be prosecuted!!!

The good news is that all the dogs are now in foster homes.

I'm a volunteer with the Greater Chicago Cavalier Rescue and I just contacted them to see if they could take any of these dogs. :xfngr: that they can help in some way...poor dogs and puppies, that's so sad :(

Hi everyone!

I just joined this forum recently. I have sent an email to Kim , received a reply and am waiting for further information on how I can help. I am in North Texas and will help with transporting, fostering, and adopting. I have 2 male "fur babies" (Cavaliers) which are the loves of my life (but don't tell my husband);).

We had applied to CKCSC to foster; we've been contacted, and now we're waiting for our home visit. :xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw: We've offered to foster two of these poor babies, if they need us, as we have plenty of room, plenty of crates, and we can have someone at home 24/7.

As soon as we know we've been approved, I will see if I can arrange to transport our foster(s) and other(s) from W. Va to Northeastern Ohio. It's a waiting game for us right now.

Back