PDA

View Full Version : Best dog stroller for tall drivers?

hbmama
27th August 2008, 03:09 AM
Hi, I have been trying to read past discussions on dog strollers in the search file. I have narrowed the choice between the Jeep or the Pet Gear At3 models. We live by the beach, and the boardwalk section that borders the sand is off limits to dogs on a leash. I enjoy walking down there but don't want to leave Dottie when I could covertly take her with me.:rolleyes: We do have a "dog beach" but that is further down the way and I want both options for visiting the beach.

Don't worry, she gets plenty of excercise each day when we power walk around our neighborhood. I would just enjoy the fresh air and wave views too!

The problem I have is, I am very tall. I am 6' and don't want to be any more hunched over than I have to be when pushing the stroller. (This was a major problem for me when pushing my children when they were babies too!) Do you think one is better than the other regarding comfort for the dog and ease of pushing, mostly will be on paved surfaces.

arasara
27th August 2008, 08:42 AM
Hmm . . . I have the jeep stroller. I picked it instead of the AT3 because it has rubber wheels instead of plastic and I was worried about the wheels getting torn up. Had I had it to do over again, I may have chosen the at3 because of the front wheel swivel. The Jeep is a jogging stroller and you have to pull up to turn corners which can be quite a pain in the rear ;)

I don't think you would have a problem with height, but maybe you can contact the manufacturing company and see exactly how far each of them are from the floor? I would think they would be fairly comparable, maybe even the same distance.

I know I asked PetSmart and they said if I was unhappy with the product I could return it ;)

Good luck@!

chloe'sdee
27th August 2008, 07:28 PM
Coming from another tall person, I feel your pain(in the back mostly):lol:
I always had the same problem. Here is a solution for baby strollers, depending
on the type of doggie stroller you get, it might work.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=176&parentCategoryId=85184&categoryId=85219&subCategoryId=86214

IF this one isn't compatable, there might be more extenders out there.
Best of luck.

hbmama
27th August 2008, 07:33 PM
Sara, thanks for the heads up re the Jeep stationary front wheel. I think that would "drive" me crazy. I will go for the other stroller now I think.

Dawn, that extender is exactly what I could use if the stroller bar is too short for me. Thanks so much for the link!