• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Good news -- Petland closed in our town!

Daisy's Mom

One of only two pet stores in our town that sold puppies has now closed! I was so happy to see that. I knew many, many people who had bought their purebred puppies there, and two of them were Cavaliers. When these people told me where they got their dog, I just had to bite my lip to stop the lecture that popped to mind. Now the store's gone, so fewer people around here will fall in love with a cute petstore puppy and damn its parents to a life of misery! :rah: Not to mention that less money will go into the pockets of those awful puppymill breeders! :rah::rah:

There is one other local pet store (not a chain) in town that sells puppies, and I haven't quite made up my mind about them. They have only a few puppies at a time, and some of them are rescues, so I'm not sure where they are getting most of their "for sale" puppies from. The owner seems really nice, but I have never asked her where she gets her dogs.

HURRAY!!!!!!! One less Petland to poison our society! Here in Vegas they're awful, making misleading claims about where their puppies come from, such as "we do not support puppy mills" - Right, they're "commercial kennels" - SAME DIFFERENCE! I know where their dogs come from, it's tragic!!! Sadly, "puppy stores" are also all over Vegas, and many of the pet shops sell puppies, it's enough to drive you crazy, it just breaks my heart!!!!! But at every one that's shut down is a step in the right direction! Hopefully many more will follow!

Gag - I wish they would close here too!

I have a friend who worked for a vet that had a contract. Every single puppy came in sick!!! Not to mention the horrors before arriving!!!

Back