• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pictures from new Camera

rosiesmum

I decided to treat myself to a new camera today - a digital SLR. As soon as I got home from work tonight, thought I would try it out - here's the results.

BTW, the first two I took as soon as I got home and missy did NOT want her photo taken - she wanted FOOOOOOOOOD so she wasn't exactly co-operative :D

Mum - get that out of my face, and FEED ME

Nikon009.jpg

OK, I'll stop yapping if you will FEED ME

Nikon015.jpg

After dinner close up shot

Nikon020.jpg

Kitty cuddle

Nikon041.jpg

More kitty cuddles

Nikon052.jpg

Kitty

Nikon061.jpg

The cat is not mine - he belongs next door, but is always hanging around my place.

View from my front garden

Nikon082.jpg

Smelling the flowers

Nikon086.jpg

Relaxing

Nikon087.jpg

Sorry there's so many and I hope you enjoyed! No doubt there will be more photos soon once I have got to grips with all the controls :D

What type of camera is it?

It's a Nikon D40. I read loads of reviews and found just about all of them were really positive about the camera, so I took the plunge and bought it. So far, I have found it to be very user friendly.

I took some close up photos of the cross stitch I'm currently working on and they came out really clear (I'll post some pictures when I've finished it, which will hopefully be this weekend).

I bought a D40 too :D still using it on auto though :eek:
you should join this site; lots of tips and very supportive people.

I love all your pics - wonderful. If I had to pick a favourite, it would have to be this one:
Nikon020.jpg

Look at those eyes!!!! :lotsaluv::lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

Hi

I bought a Nikon d80 a cople of weeks ago and as your shots show they are of a better quality yours are superb ,so i pop some of mine up sometime soon(y)

:pCongrats on the new camera. I have a canon DSLR for little over a year and am still working on learning. I took a 6 hr course from local comunity college (adult learning school) presented by a pro that was great. Lots of tips, his preferences I would suggest it to all interested to find a short class in their location.

You look like you have a great start and a beaut of a Cavi. Have fun.
Suzanne

Back