PDA

View Full Version : Snoozer carseat??

Ponyprincess
29th August 2008, 07:49 PM
I've been looking for a carseat for Anastasia for a long time and haven't found one I like. we're taking her on a 10 day vacation with us next summer and we'll be driving 14 hours up to Maine. so for everyone who has a snoozer I was wondering if your dogs actually stay in the snoozer?
are they able to get out at all or does the harness keep them from getting out somehow? I just want to make sure she's going to stay in place as we'll be mostly on the highway...

Mom of Jato
30th August 2008, 04:10 AM
We just got Jato a snoozer seat. It works really well- he can't get out of it because there is a strap that comes with it to attach his harness to the seatbelt. It is adjustable, so you can make it the length you need. I ordered him the small size 19x15x17, and I think he could curl up in it if he wanted to sleep. I haven't used it much yet- he barks alot when we've gone out. I think he is too excited, as he is only 9 mo's. old I hope he will grow to be a better rider. lol

jazz
30th August 2008, 02:02 PM
All my guys love their snoozer seat--and that's what they do when they're in it--SNOOZE! There's a strap included that I attach to their harness (not collar) and they stay put. I also read that being up a little higher and being able to look out the window prevents car sickness (don't know if that's true, but they've never gotten sick).

I might suggest if you get one, to get her used to it before the trip. Let her check it out first in the house, and then take her for short trips around town. HTH!

arasara
31st August 2008, 09:32 AM
I have 2 oversized luxury lookouts for my dogs. I absolutely LOVE them! Honestly, I think they were a great investment, and I don't have to worry in the least bit about the dogs when I am driving. They NEVER make a fuss and sleep most of the time. The most trouble I might have is ocasionally barking ~ in which case there's usually a motorcycle rider or something else like a tunnel. . . lol

Here they are just after I put them in to come home from NY from Charleen's house (3 1/2 hr drive ;))

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3283/2812670461_c3d5fbb8a6_o.jpg