• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rather horrified...

Lisa_T

If I ever go looking for a Cav puppy again, it won't be from the breeders I got my pair from. I'm not naming names to keep everyone clear... but on their site I saw that they've just had one of the BT girls put down because of cancer. She was ten.

Fair enough.

Then I look across and see that they had one of their other BT girls PTS on the same day... This girl was Amber's grandmother, incidentally, and while I'm pleased that she reached 13, I'm slightly sickened by the fact that one of the reasons given for PTS was that the older girl would not live without the younger, who was her daughter, and the older girl also had a heart murmur.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this is right. A heart murmur is not heart failure, as many people here have testified, and why not give the mother a chance to see if she could be happy without the daughter?

Karlin, please remove this if it's inappropriate, but I'm sickened. Not going there again. Ever.

It is fine; I just removed the dog's names.

I agree, that is a horrific reason to pts an otherwise healthy dog. It of course depends on the state of the murmur but very few dogs need more than some recovery time and TLC to adjust to the loss of a dog. I cannot imagine taking this route much less posting about it on a website! :eek:

I don't know, have you contacted the breeders?

The state of the murmer might have been quite advance but for politically expedient reasons they didn't mention the more heart breaking details on the website?

The fact that they disclose that kind of thing is a plus imo, but I could be wrong.

well nothing astounds me anymore - a fews years ago someone I had once trusted let an 8 year old girl die of untreated mvd - diagnosis was made, they decided not to treat as they said it was pointless - 6 weeks later she was dead. Incidentally as of 8 years it is not allowed to breed from her anymore. This was no coincidence, they just got rid of her.

Back