PDA

View Full Version : ACKCS Rescue Trust

stjon
1st September 2008, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone. I'd like to introduce myself....I'm Jennifer Wehking of St Jon Cavaliers. I've recently been asked to be Division Director of Division 4 of the American Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Rescue Trust and I'm starting a data bank of everyone who might want to participate as a volunteer. A volunteer may wear a variety of "hats".h*lp In the event that a Cavalier is in need of rescue we need individuals who can do transport:drivecar: , make calls:blabla:, network with other volunteers:*bay:,do home visits to prospective adoptive homes:v*cuum:,and of course , foster when able :hug:. You do not have to be affiliated with any club or even own a Cavalier. All you need is a desire to help when one of these wonderful dogs ( no matter where they came from ) is in need:lotsaluv:. Division 4 is made up of SC, GA, AL, MS, LA, AR and FL :yikes. Anyone wanting to help please contact me at stjon@windstream.net :thmbsup:Remember, what brought us to this message board is the love for these wonderful creatures...please consider lending a much needed hand.
Thanks so much :thnx:.
Jennifer

Cathy T
1st September 2008, 06:40 PM
Welcome Jennifer!! What a wonderful thing you are doing for rescue. I'm glad you've reminded people how important the other aspects apart from fostering are.

stjon
1st September 2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks Cathy,

Far too often people misunderstand how significant one individual can be in a rescue effort. Any help is graciously taken and no volunteer goes unappreciated. We do this for the dogs. When involved with rescue, one loses their affiliation with one club or another, performance or conformation , pet owner or exhibitor and we jump to the aid of these wonderful creatures living solely to love us unconditionally. For me, it is an honor to be able to give back a fraction of the joy that my dogs have brought me. Hopefully, my data bank will be bursting at the seams and we won't ever have to call on anyone . Sadly enough, I know this won't be the case. I truly feel that it is every breeders obligation to participate in some way with rescue efforts as an embasador of the breed. From active participation ,and if that avenue isn't possible, then to financial support.

Cleo's Person
1st September 2008, 07:42 PM
icon_welcome to the board! I hope you get lots of volunteers to help with your rescue.

stjon
1st September 2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks so much!

brotymo
9th September 2008, 02:23 AM
Hi Jennifer! Good to see you on here. Bandit is doing great...keeping us very busy and entertained. Thanks for giving us the pleasure of being his family.

You are a very busy woman with all your fur kids and now the rescue director job. Email me if you need help over in Northwest Georgia area. I'll shoot you some photos of little Bandit so you can see his progress!

ppotterfield
9th September 2008, 03:28 PM
Jennifer:

Thanks for posting. I just had my first experience with "hands on" rescue as a transporter for Lucky Star. One thing I think might help everyone is a better understanding of the types of rescues work the various rescue groups do and I will use as an example, ACKCS Rescue Trust, Cavaliers USA Rescue, and Lucky Star Cavalier Rescue, and whether there is an effort to cooperate with one another.

Good luck with your new "position." It may be volunteer work but I am sure you will be paid with lots of grateful Cavalier smiles and kisses.