PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Dublin: 4 yr old female B&T

Karlin
2nd September 2008, 11:52 AM
This girl is being collected today (thanks Claire and Thelly!) -- a four year old spayed female who belonged to an elderly woman and now needs a new home as her owner has gone into care. She is not good with children and can only go to an adult home where small children will not be regular visitors.

sallymum
2nd September 2008, 01:14 PM
I have her here at the minute waiting for her lift, she is beautiful. A little shy but want can u expect. Seems to love cuddles and other dogs. Her name is Jasmine. (sp).

Cleo's Person
2nd September 2008, 07:40 PM
She is beautiful! :) :lotsaluv:

coconut
2nd September 2008, 07:48 PM
yeah she defo is beautiful!!!

sallymum
2nd September 2008, 07:53 PM
For the hr or 2 that she was here she was the perfect house guest. Seemed to like lots of cuddles. Doesnt seem to like kids, but then who does.:D
Just want to say thanks very much to Claire for giving her a lift today. :flwr:

*Pauline*
2nd September 2008, 08:07 PM
I love her curly ears! :p

Ste
2nd September 2008, 09:23 PM
Black and Tan :lotsaluv:

Black and Tan:lotsaluv:

The curly ears, the little face, can someone please confirm that she absolutely detests cats and would have them for breakfast :D

Karlin
2nd September 2008, 09:24 PM
Oh talk to me Steeeeeeeeee... :rotfl:

You could always foster and see!

PS You know if Peter sees this there will be no choice.

sallymum
2nd September 2008, 09:47 PM
Black and Tan :lotsaluv:

The curly ears, the little face, can someone please confirm that she absolutely detests cats and would have them for breakfast :D

Sorry while she was here she seemed grand with my 3 cats. :-p

pippa
2nd September 2008, 10:04 PM
Go on ste,foster and see how she gets on..you know you want to!

coconut
3rd September 2008, 08:40 AM
go for it ste!!!

Karlin
3rd September 2008, 10:45 AM
Ok, folks, calm down a bit, this is getting a bit over the top. A dog needs a lot more evaluation than two hours in a home or a car -- that will reveal very little especially when this has been a very stressed dog held alone in a room for the past week or so. She lived with a single elderly person, would not have been in cars or met a lot of people, and has suddenly had a lot going on in a short space of time.

She is being fostered with Thelly which will enable me to get a much better idea of what she is actually like. It takes days to start to get a sense of the real personality. That is when problems also can show up. It is why I like to foster dogs -- first impressions are generally fairly useless. Many dogs will also ignore other animals initially when they are stressed but may have issues with them later -- as with Lily and Leo. Again, that is why I like to place dogs for a proper evaluation before homing.

I have a waiting list of adult homes for a dog like this, but will also consider interest expressed here. I'd like to keep personal discussions off the threads for dogs needing homes -- I do not want to discourage other people from considering her and please remember this is the breed rescue section and this is a thread about the dog, not a general discussion thread, please. Many of these cases are urgent cases and long conversations tend to put people off considering a dog if they think there is huge interest. If people want to discuss a dog in a chatty way, take it to the Dog and Bone forum. :thmbsup:

Thelly
3rd September 2008, 10:47 AM
I agree totally with Claire. Jasmine is a total sweetheart. :luv: Loves my crew (they all cuddled together last night) and just wants love and treats!!!

I would keep her in a heartbeat (that would mean no more boarding or fostering in this house!!!).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3046/2823865221_7c053af6a3.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3140/2823865217_e065be85e0_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3164/2823865215_8db2671bc9.jpg

Thelly
3rd September 2008, 10:53 AM
You are right Karlin. While she is a total sweetheart and at this moment very friendly and into everything, it does take a few days to really see the personality come out as the confidance grows...good and bad!

pippa
3rd September 2008, 11:43 AM
You are right of course Karlin..sorry.

I do know it takes weeks maybe months for a dog to settle in and become comfortable before you can get a true read of personality...Hope this little one finds a good home.

coconut
3rd September 2008, 11:57 AM
yeah karlin you are right!!!

Thelly they are brilliant pictures of her, oh my god them eyes make u wanna wrap her up and keep her safe!!!

daveoirl
3rd September 2008, 02:06 PM
She is beautiful. I love her face........would love to rescue in the future when Amie is a little older.

sallymum
3rd September 2008, 02:43 PM
Found out that the owner of this dog had in fact 6 cats, and was always in the car either with the owner or family. apparently did mix alot but its the kids who she has a prob with.

daveoirl
3rd September 2008, 03:54 PM
Strange she has a problem with kids. Must have been some hair/tail pulling antics going on at some point in her life. :(

Justine
3rd September 2008, 06:44 PM
Wheres her pic,i cant find it.

Justine
3rd September 2008, 06:45 PM
Oooops,didnt look properly.Shes cute.

murphy's mum
3rd September 2008, 08:34 PM
I wish I stayed a little closer, she is lovely :D

I'd steal her in a flash

Karlin
3rd September 2008, 10:45 PM
If there is information from the owner on a rescue dog, please always PM or email me with it -- it is always more difficult to place dogs with no information at all and even small amounts can make a big difference in deciding where a dog should go.

Dogs are often afraid of/dislike children when they haven't been exposed to them. Two of mine do not care for kids for example, while the two that met a lot of children like them.

I am going to close this thread as I prefer for rescue threads to remain focused on the dog. I know people like discussing the rescue dogs that I get but truly it does actually put interested people off inquiring when the threads get this long, because they think so much discussion means the dog has lots of homing interest and isn't worth their applying. I have had to start fresh threads before for this reason and have debated what to do.

In future I am going to post and close threads for Irish Cavalier Rescue dogs and if people are interested in a dog they can PM me directly -- this is the approach on the two main Irish boards for dogs from rescues, for the same reason -- to keep information centred on the dog. People can always start a discussion if they'd like on the general section of the board. :thmbsup: If people have information on any of my rescue dogs that they want me to add to a thread just PM me and if relevant I'll include it. :)

This dog remains available for homing though I will start to talk to a couple of possible homes on my waiting list in the next day or two.