PDA

View Full Version : Should Know More

Justine
2nd September 2008, 06:01 PM
Tommorrow,Alfs at the vets.Hopefully it wont be bad news.He still shaking and going at his ears.Allthough he doesnt seem as deaf.Bless him.

Cleo's Person
2nd September 2008, 07:43 PM
:xfngr::xfngr::xfngr: crossed for him tomorrow Justine. And for you! Hope it all goes well. I'll be thinking of you both.

coconut
2nd September 2008, 07:47 PM
good luck to u both let us know how it goes!!!

Ciren
2nd September 2008, 07:48 PM
were both at the vet's 2morrow, i wish good news for you

Justine
2nd September 2008, 08:03 PM
Ciren,hope alls well with you as well.Alfs cant have breakie,and hubbbs taken him at 8 am.I will miss him,i hate it when hes not around.Will let everyone know tommorrow whats going down.I am hoping they wont keep him in for the nite.

*Pauline*
2nd September 2008, 08:05 PM
I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow. Hope you get to the bottom of it. :hug:

ice-cavi
2nd September 2008, 08:09 PM
:xfngr: my best wishes:flwr:

Shelli
2nd September 2008, 08:16 PM
Hope all goes well tomorrow Justine. :hug::hug: Keep us posted.

leesanlucie
2nd September 2008, 08:34 PM
Good luck for tomorrow Justine.....for Alfie too!:xfngr:

Cavvygirl
2nd September 2008, 08:37 PM
Good luck for tomorrow :xfngr:

hbmama
3rd September 2008, 01:19 AM
Prayers and good thoughts going up for you and little Alfs. Will be waiting to hear what the Vet says. :xfngr:

Cathy Moon
3rd September 2008, 02:52 AM
:xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw: Hope all goes well with little Alfie! :flwr:

sins
3rd September 2008, 09:08 AM
Very best of luck with Alfie today.Hope all goes well for him.
Sins

Shelli
3rd September 2008, 09:54 AM
Best of luck today Justine. Hope all goes well. Will be thinking of you and Alfie :flwr:

Justine
3rd September 2008, 12:56 PM
Ok,BAD NEWS.The ear canal will have to be removed.The infection ,which has just never cleared up.Build up of moisture,drops etc etc,just made it worse.It should of been looked at better,but the vet said the local vet would not of realised.Its just the right ear the left is ok.If we went down the other road it would mean more antibiotics and it proberly will never clear up.So the only option is the above.It means he will be totaly deaf on his right side.I did ring the vets here to tell them as i did ask for him to be knocked out about 4 months ago,they didnt want to do that as they thought it would clear up and they thought that was a little extreme.So now i am sad becos i should of been more pushy.So i am fed up .Poor Alfs.

Cleo's Person
3rd September 2008, 02:45 PM
Oh Justine! I'm so sorry to hear the news. :( Alfs is in the best possible place to be cared for and I'll sure he'll recover very well. :hug: :hug: to you at the moment. Tanya

Justine
3rd September 2008, 03:12 PM
Operation is on the 15th.I am very fed up.the vet said he has been in a good bit of pain,he has of lately not shown it.I am also going through a guilt trip.

Cathy T
3rd September 2008, 03:15 PM
Justine - you need to remember that you are now doing the right thing. Don't beat yourself up. 20/20 hindsight and all of that. The important thing is that he's going to be okay. Please don't be too hard on youself. Alfs wouldn't want you to :hug:

Karlin
3rd September 2008, 04:36 PM
When they aren't showing obvious pain, it is really hard to diagnose something like this and normally it would easily clear. So I wouldn't be hard on yourself or your regular vet. You could consider a second opinion from UCD vet school, if you haven't done so.

Shelli
3rd September 2008, 04:39 PM
Sorry to hear about Alfs Justine. Dont beat yourself up over it there was nothing more you could have done. What a little trooper that he never showed any sign of pain. :hug::hug: for you both. :flwr:

Sue.k
3rd September 2008, 04:45 PM
Oh Justine, I am sorry about Alf's, dont be so hard on yourself, he will be fine, dont you worry. Lucy is deaf and she is the happiest dog in the world, her facial expressions are just amazing! Alf will still be himself, if not better because he wont be in pain, its not your fault :lotsaluv:

Justine
3rd September 2008, 04:58 PM
Karlin,thtas what Shane the vet said.Alfs is at Killabby in Cork,one of the best in the country.He was amazed he had shown liittle pain lately,perhaps it was slightly better.It was hubbs who insisted Alfs went there for the second oppion.Glad we took him.Shane said having Archie will be of help to Alfs.But i am still peed with the local vet.

Justine
3rd September 2008, 05:19 PM
I forgot to say,the vet said there would be no more pain after the operation.I dont care that he will be deaf,he means the world to me,he will allways be my QUIRKY little man.He is my dog,we have something special.

Cleo's Person
3rd September 2008, 07:19 PM
Justine, a chroi, please don't be so har on yourself. How could you possibly have known that Alfie was i pain? You care so well for him. The important thing to know now is that you need to mind him through the next few weeks until his operation. Having Archie around will make things better for him I'm sure, as he'll have his brother to snuggle up to. You're so luck that Alfs has bonded so closely with you, and together you'll be able to get him to learn to sign etc. He'll still have hearing in his other ear won't he? And whatever happens he'll still be your Alfs. Huge hugs and lots of good thoughts on their way to you this evening. :hug: :hug:

Justine
3rd September 2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks,yes he still has hearing in the left side.Hes home now and soooo happy,real smile on his face,hes had his supper he booffed it down.Just to say its Gilabbey not kilabbey,god i am awful,it was stuck in my head.

Cleo's Person
3rd September 2008, 09:41 PM
Justine, delighted to hear that he's happy again, now that he's home.

Shelli
3rd September 2008, 09:52 PM
Great to hear he's feeling a bit better. Bet he's glad to be back with Archie. Hope you're feeling better too :flwr:

pippa
4th September 2008, 12:19 AM
Sorry Justine, I missed this. Glad Alfs is back home,sorry to hear the news.

Don't feel guilty these little guys are good at hiding pain..Pippin has done this before and made me feel really bad,but I could not have known and neither could you.

Hugs to you and Alfs.

coconut
4th September 2008, 10:02 AM
sorry to hear that justine!

It must be very hard for u at the moment. Good luck to alfie on the 15th!!!

Justine
4th September 2008, 01:46 PM
Awwww,you all such a lovely bunch of girlies.Any way all clear with insurance for Alfs,cost about 1.500.00/2.000.00 euro for the op.So alls ok there.Spoke to the vet,thay will check his heart and other vitals before op,all being well he should be home in about 2 days after.Poor Alfs.

*Pauline*
4th September 2008, 02:25 PM
:( Oh poor Afls and poor you, you've got enough on your plate. I didn't notice a date for the operation, did I miss it? I sure he will be ok Jus :hug:

Justine
4th September 2008, 07:31 PM
Hi Pauline,its on the 15 sept.at 9.30 am.My nans name was pauline,i loved her dearly,and think of her most days.She is dead now.She dated Cary Grant.

*Pauline*
5th September 2008, 12:38 AM
Hi Pauline,its on the 15 sept.at 9.30 am.My Nan's name was Pauline,i loved her dearly,and think of her most days.She is dead now.She dated Cary Grant.

I prefer my middle name, Abigail. My Nan's are both gone too, they were called Mary and Zena. Cary Grant was lovely.

10 more days to go then, we're with you all the way :hug:

Cathy Moon
5th September 2008, 02:57 AM
I forgot to say,the vet said there would be no more pain after the operation.I dont care that he will be deaf,he means the world to me,he will allways be my QUIRKY little man.He is my dog,we have something special.
Aw, he'll still be able to hear out of his other ear. I'm so glad the op will completely relieve his pain. Will be watching for your post on the 15th. :xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw: