• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Focus on the positive !!

hbmama

This board has provided so much wonderful information, and it is vital that we who live with these lovely dogs are aware of and up to date on how we can keep them healthy and happy.

I for one have been consumed and obsessed with watching for any crazy, quirky behavior and agonizing over "what if" my girl is diagnosed with SM or MVD in the future. (We did have the MRI due to symptoms and had PSOM diagnosed and treated, with no evidence of SM "at this time.") Although I found this to be a relief for now, I still find myself worrying about her future health, and this is taking away from my focusing on the positive effect she has had on my family's life since she came to live with us.

I have decided, for myself, that I am going to stop fretting about what may someday occur, and just go back to the way I felt when she first came to us. I am going to focus on the funny things she does :lpy:, the way she can read my thoughts and comfort me when I am not feeling well :hug:, her excitement when I as much as whisper "cookie, or Let's go for a walk" from across the room :*nana:, and her daily unconditional love for our family.:lotsaluv:

Hopefully all of you will continue to stay on top of the latest, see the vet when necessary to keep your dogs healthy, and most of all remember to just love and enjoy your precious babies each day for the happiness that they have brought to your lives!! (y)

what a lovely worded thread, couldnt agree with you more.
You could spend your whole life worrying about the "what ifs" and they may never happen. If they do you learn to deal with them no-one knows how long their dogs will be here for so just treasure your time with them

Marianne, I love that ideology. I think it is also a healthier attitude. You can waste your life regretting yesterday and fearing tomorrow-- but I chose to live for today.

Fantastic thread! I love Jessica to bits and she's made me so happy already even though I've had her for less than a week! She makes me laugh with her daft puppy behaviour and her cheekiness! I've worried a little about what the future holds for her healthwise but think "what will be, will be". Her chances of never getting ill are the same as her getting seriously ill, you've just gotta take each day as it comes with a smile on your face, love in your heart and a treat in your hand :D

Back