• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

diddy

Hi, my name is Diane. I used to have 4 cavs back in the mid 70's (before I became a Mum and later a Nana).
My 1st was Sheena a mis marked B/T of the Kormar/Sunninghill lines., followed a year later by Misty of the Pargeter/Sanubray lines, who was to be my show hopeful. But she never got more than a 3rd. She later had a beautiful litter of which I kept two, Beau and Cherub, they were rarely shown. All lived happily and healthily to a ripe old age.:)

I have always wanted to start a new 'collection' but the time just wasnt right until recently. I managed to find a breeder/exhibitor/judge whom I recognised from all those years ago and was overjoyed when she let us have a little blen girl pup.

( I should explain here that the pup is actually my daughters, not mine.
But we are a close knit family living within walking distance of each other, and its a sort of Buy One Get 3 Free sort of thing, whats mine is hers, and wots hers is mine,... well until it throws a strop anyway!!!)

We all adore Amber, she is such a little character. We were hoping that she would be my foundation bitch... that is until we watched Pedigree Dogs Exposed....when the whole thing came skidding to a halt. Our breeder was featured on the programme and now i'm so afraid for her future.

I have learnt so much from this site in the last few days, just wish I'd found you before we went to collect the pup.

Best wishes to all.

Welcome Diane. I joined the site a couple of weeks ago and it's great place for information and help - not to mention all the Cavalier pictures!

It must be very disappointing and worrying for you. At least you will be able to get a lot of advice and support on this board.

I too have a sort of "interchangable dog" situation with my parents who own an ex-breeders blenheim, Fern. Mum and Dad are in their 80's and in not too good health, so I do all the vet stuff - hence Fern lives with me on and off. Also, my two are quite happy to go and stay there for a few days - home from home!

Best wishes,

Hi and welcome to the forum hun, i have 4 cavvies but only show 2 my black and tan boy kc and tia my ruby puppy girl, i dont know what to say to in regards to dogs exposed other than when my girl is 2 and a half she will be MRI scanned as well as having yearly heart and eye tests done

[content removed by admin]

... i hope your babe will be ok hun. I have a dog who is going to be mri'd as i fear that she has SM and it is heartbreaking to see, she is now on pain meds whilst we await for the scan which should be anytime now...fingers crossed.

Look forward in seeing some piccies of amber and getting to know you better xx

Thanks Jan. Ive already learnt so much from this site, i'm becoming addicted to it.
Diane xxx

my boy is not going to be stud as i have found a lovely ruby boy for her to go too

Lozzy -- I have said this many times, the point is stated in the Getting Started section, and I am going to say it again so you hear me say it directly to YOU-- this is NOT a site on which it is acceptable to either discuss your breeding plans or to effectively 'advertise' your future litters or the status of your dogs or your plans to breed. Therefore I have deleted most of the content of your previous post and you are on moderation for now.

I will only add that if you think you have found an A grade dog then I hope you have a certificate that you have viewed, signed by a recognised neurologist, and are not going on what a breeder says the grade should be as only a handful of UK neurologists are giving actual certs.

But I do not expect to see you having any further detailed discussions on breeding anyway or your membership will be terminated.

And sorry Diddy that your thread went off at that tangent -- you are very welcome to the board and sorry that you now have these worries about Amber.

Back