• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

CKCS Club SGM on 5 October re: Margaret C

Jan Bell

I've started a new thread as I don't want this request to get lost among all the posts.

I would really like to go to this meeting as I am a member and therefore have a vote. Normally not a problem, but I will still be on crutches and can't drive so I am stuck.

If anybody from Surrey, Essex, Kent or anywhere near me is planning to go and has car space, would you consider giving me a lift - petrol costs shared of course.

I feel very strongly that we have to support Margaret C, so should this meeting go ahead I would like to be there. Hope that somebody out there can help.

It would be a good idea to find others in our own areas as well to share lifts with.

Is anyone going from the Wiltshire area? Swindon, Chippenham, Bath, Bristol etc along the M4?

Alison.

Have members actually been informed of the SGM by the Club? Have they had any communication regarding the SGM or is there a protocol for issuing members with notice of one?

Hi Alison and All

If this meeting takes place, I will definitely be going in support of Margaret. Can pick you up on the way.

Carol

Carol,

Assume you mean the M4 route - do you know any members further down the country anywhere near me?

Is there a postal vote option for members that cannot get there due to distance? I'm just thinking of others way down South. It will be a 6-7 hr drive for them.

Alison.

No, this vote requires people to be present. But I would wait to see what the club decides to do after legal consultations next week.

Alot of travelling involved for many that weekend as it's the West of England Club Champ Show on the 4th October in Taunton.
Would have been better to have held the vote down South if it's a non postal vote where many would already be.

Alison.

By the way, as mentioned earlier, strangely -- and surely, inappropriately --the UK CKCS Club now has a message on its homepage announcing (bizarrely) that foreign members of the club can fly in for the SGM to vote.

How can this be?

Given that there's been no change to club rules to allow non-UK members to elect officials on the committee in the first place, or to vote in AGMs, how can they tally votes for non-UK members at an SGM, which generally has even more restricted voting regulations than AGMs? Does the notion of a club, with actual guiding regulations and standards, even apply any longer to the UK CKCS Club?

It is extraordinary that the club is now deliberately acting totally outside its own regulations. They are truly making themselves appear less like what they once seemed to be, a formal dog breeding club, and more like a vindictive kangaroo court making things up as they go along to hide wrongdoing and oust the whistleblower.

It seems anything goes now, in order to protect poor breeding practice from scrutiny and to hide away breeders who deliberately breed ill dogs, which is not just a violation of CKCS club ethics but Kennel Club ethics.

The question has to be asked: what does the UK CKCS Club stand for anymore? Given the recent evidence, it cannot be quality breeding, care for the breed, integrity, actively encouraged health initiatives, or God forbid, ensuring the high standards of breeding that the puppy buying public can rely on. The current actions must be deeply disturbing for good health focused breeders who once took pride in belonging to the club.

Following consultations and advice received from the Kennel Club, we can inform Overseas Members who wish to attend the Meeting, that they will be entitled to vote at the ballot.
Does the Kennel Club have this much influence over the Clubs ? If so than this club should think hard about using any PR direction from KC as the KC isn't doing well with its own. To me it would seem prudent that the KC would not be involved in Club affairs.
This Club seems to be using selective enforcement of their rules-if they are angry with you than you're in violation-if they're happy with you do anything you want but don't tell. At sometime they got off the track of a credible organization and only because this became public is this all coming to light. It's hard to believe that they all of a sudden imploded. Maybe some of the branch clubs are of better stuff.

Are they bringing in outside reinforcement in an attempt to shore up their numbers? :confused:

Just knowing about this club's behavior, you've got to wonder who would want to be a member after this! :eek:

Only thing is, if you remain a member you can at least have the satifaction of voting against certain members next year - and by post.

Otherwise, it would be tempting to just stop paying the ten quid a year. I will see how it goes.

Perhaps it's time that a new club was born...one with breeders and members that really care.

Out with the dead wood etc....time to bring back some standards.

Alison

Yes, if a new club was formed I think I would make more effort to get involved this time and make sure I knew what was going on.

Back