PDA

View Full Version : advice needed on collars

mummy2millie
12th September 2008, 10:28 AM
hi i need some advice on collars!!
do your cav wear a collar & is it all the time or just walkies etc. can i also ask what neck size is an averge king charles puppy size & adult.
i get millie in a few weeks & dont know wether to get her collar or not.
michelle xx
ps go see her today carnt wait!!:-p

Brian M
12th September 2008, 11:19 AM
Hi

Yes my three keep their collars on at all times but a lot of people only put them on for walkies or other outdoor activities ,its probably best for size to try before you buy ,the girls have all got pink diamante collars with tags giving ,house number road and post code ,vets name and phone ,my phone ,also stating they are chipped and spayed and with their names but it is often advised not to put their name on.And also pink harness,s with diamante charms and danglies ,all great fun as it should be with our wonderful Cavaliers.

coconut
12th September 2008, 11:58 AM
i have collars on all my 3 of mine all the time and when we are going for walks i put a harness on them!!

Dublin
12th September 2008, 12:32 PM
I have collars on mine all the time too & use puppia harness's for walking. My Cav, Sparky, wears a 14cm collar - made almost as amall as it will go (he's 8 months & is'nt a very big cav though)

mummy2millie
12th September 2008, 02:55 PM
thanks everyone for your replys can i just ask 1 more thing, which size harness would you recommend for millie for when she comes home (after her jabs) x small harness chest size 10inch-12inch length 7inch-10 inch or small harness chest size 13 inch-15 inch length 11inch-13inch.
i just want to be prepared for when we bring her home, saves several trips to pet shop, im very organised:-p

Brian M
12th September 2008, 03:22 PM
Hi

Unfortunately my three each take a different size harness so personally i would really say try on before buy at PAH or similar it could save you more trips than possibly guessing ,best of luck.

Rgds

Brian

Poppy

Daisy
&
Rosie:thmbsup:

Halina
12th September 2008, 03:52 PM
Hali wears a collar in the house with tags and a puppia when we go out for walks. As soon as she see's it she know she's going for a walk. I probably would recommend a small because they grow pretty fast and I don't think you are to walk them too much when they are so tiny, I think I read this somewhere on the boards. I remembered this because unfortunately Hali would walk a mile or more when she was 12 weeks old.

Hali at a year is 14 lbs and still wears a medium Puppia. hope this helps.

Ciren
12th September 2008, 04:31 PM
i got a funney feeling that in englad you have to have a collar on the dog when it is out. i know i keep hers on her all the time and it does have the essential tag on it.

AT
16th September 2008, 03:17 PM
I used a cat collar when I had a puppy. didnt want to take the risk of a lively pup strangling itself. & a harness for walking

arasara
16th September 2008, 05:08 PM
I had been using a collar for Kosmo when he first came home... that is until he started clotheslining himself and choking from the pressure on his neck. I was (of course) horrified and at the advice of my vet got him a step in harness. He's been in a harness for any and all walks since then, as has Faithey. WHen I first brought her home, she was still a little small for the small sized harness and I ended up getting her one from petsmart for very small dogs until she grew into the small :) She was 5.6lbs when she came home.

Good luck!